Sorrel Green Leaf Seeds
About this item
- Number of Green Sorrel Seeds: 200 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: February-April, September -November
- Seeds sowing depth: 1/4 inch
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 40 to 60 days
What size grow bag is best for Sorrel Green?
Sorrel Plant Growing Season In IndiaLike most greens, sorrel is grown in mild cold climates; the best time to plant these leafy greens is in the months of February-April and September-November. The sorrel plant will begin to bolting (going to seed) when temperatures are extremely hot.
How To Grow Sorrel Green LeafSorrel is usually a perennial plant, so people recommend sowing it in seedling trays and then transplanting or dividing it. You can sow sorrel seeds in cool weather either indoors or outdoors and the best soil temperature should be 12 to 20°C for the seeds to germinate as quickly as possible.
Sorrel Green Leaf Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a seedling tray or small size pots; fill with growing medium and sow the sorrel seeds at a depth of ¼ inch. Add water to the soil and maintain moisture. It can take about 1-2 weeks for sorrel seeds to germinate.
After sorrel seeds germination, when the plant grows at least two sets of leaves at that time transplant the healthiest plant carefully (without disturbing its root) into pots or grow bags and set the seedling 6-8 inches apart from each other.
How To Fertilize Sorrel PlantSorrel plant does not need any fertilizer when started in rich soil but amends the soil each year with organic matter and side dressing with organic manure should be applied in mid-season.
Sorrel Plant Care TipsWater - Give one inch of water per week to the sorrel plant.
Soil - Use dry, fertile, and well-drained soil for planting sorrel. Avoid using direct garden soil and clay for growing sorrel.
Sunlight - Sorrel plants require full sunlight, but it is also growing well in partial sunlight. A sorrel plant needs at least 6 hours of proper sunlight. Keep the sorrel plant in light shade to prevent it from wilting during the summer months.
Temperature – Sorrel is a winter lover of vegetable plants and it can survive in extremely cold climates as low as -20°C but the best sorrel growing temperature is 7-25°C.
Common pests and diseases - Insects like snails, and slugs are often found in sorrel plants, the main reason for the infestation of insects is water logging in the soil and wetting of the leaves. To protect the sorrel plant from insects, spray neem oil on your plants.
Sorrel leaf harvest time
- You can cut or pluck sorrel leaves for kitchen use in 40 to 60 days and baby leaf sorrel in 30 to 40 days.
- Harvest sorrel leaves when the leaves are tender and actively growing.
Sorrel Plant Special Features
- Common name – Sorrel and garden sorrel
- Scientific name - Rumex acetosa
- Plant type - Herbaceous perennial
- Plant Height – 12 to 18 inches
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 30mg
Net Quantity: 200N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
It is very use full information for kitchen gardan. Appreciable.
Thank you for your review of our Sorrel Green Leaf Seeds. We're pleased to hear that you found the information provided to be good and useful for your kitchen garden. Your appreciation is truly valued.