Cucumber (Kheera) Hybrid Seeds (Kakdi/ककड़ी/खीरा के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Cucumber (Kheera) Seeds: 20 Seeds
- Growing season: Spring, Summer, and Rainy
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 6 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 18-30°C
- Harvesting: 50-60 days from sowing
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Cucumber?
Cucumber Growing Season in IndiaYou can grow cucumber in the spring, summer, and rainy seasons (February to June) because it is a hot weather plant. Cucumber plant grows quickly in hot climates and we can expect a good result this season.
Cucumber Seeds Sowing MethodYou can sow cucumber seeds (kheera seeds) directly in any pots or grow bags about 0.5 inches deep in well-composted soil; water the cucumber seed with a watering can; seeds will germinate for about 6-10 days. Keep the container in a sunny spot because cucumber needs full sunlight for better growth.
Cucumber Plant Care TipsSunlight – Cucumbers prefer 6- 8 hours of full sunlight.
Water – Give 1 inch of water per week and keep the soil consistently moist. Inadequate or inconsistent moisture will be the reason for the poor taste of cucumber fruits and oddly shaped ones.
Soil – Use fertile, well-drained soil for growing cucumber plants and soil should be neutral or slightly alkaline with PH 7.0.
Temperature – The cucumber plant grows best at temperatures between 15-32 degree Celsius.
Fertilizer – You can apply directly liquid fertilizer to the soil around the plant stem every 2 weeks or you can use slow-release fertilizer in the soil when you plant cucumber fruit.
Common pests – Pests that attack the cucumber fruit are whiteflies and cucumber beetles. Powdery mildew, root rot, and bacterial wilt are common diseases on cucumber plants. If you are facing this problem use the organic pesticide neem oil.
Cucumber Harvest Time
- Within 50-60 days from sowing, cucumber will be ready for harvest.
- Regular harvest when cucumber is about 2-6 inches long (according to varieties).
- Pick cucumbers before their seeds become hard and are eaten when the cucumber is immature and do not let them get yellow if you don’t pick mature cucumbers then they will stop producing cucumber.
Cucumber Special Features
- Common name - Kheera, kakdi, खीरा
- Scientific name - Cucumis Sativus
- Level of growing - Easy
- Flower color - Yellow
- Height - 3 to 12 feet (depending on variety)
- Spread - 10 feet (vine) and 1-3 feet (bush)
Why are my cucumber seeds not germinating?Cucumber seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Does the cucumber plant need support?Bush varieties of cucumber are compact and don’t need support but vining cucumber plants need some support like pipe, bamboo, rope, creeper net, or wires because vine cucumbers produce more fruit and they require more space to grow.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 60mg
Net Quantity: 20N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Cucumber
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Is the delivery available on betul,padhar hospital
Can I use in Polly house
Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, you can use cucumber hybrid seeds in a polyhouse.
Germinated very well
Germination process of the seeds is very quick
Cucumber (Kheera) Hybrid Seeds (खीरा के बीज)