Bottle Gourd (Lauki / Ghiya) Long Seeds (लौकी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of hybrid Bottle Gourd (Lauki / Ghiya ke beej): 10 Seeds
- Sowing season: Throughout the year (But Best Season Summer)
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 1 inch deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 20–25ºC
- Harvesting: 8 to 10 week
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Bottle Gourd?
Bottle Gourd Long Growing Season In IndiaBottle gourd can be grown year-round in India. The main growing seasons are summer (Februry – April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to october), with variations depending on local conditions.
Long Bottle Gourd Seeds Sowing MethodYou can sow bottle gourd seed directly in any pot. Before sowing the bottle seed in pots, mix good organic manure in the soil with 2:1 ratio. Sow bottle gourd seeds in pots/grow bags (or seedling tray) about 1 inch deep in soil. Sow only 2 seeds in a container and give water in the soil. Seeds of bottle gourd will be germinate within 6 to 10 days.
Long Bottle Gourd Plant Care Tips
- Sunlight – Bottle gourd needs at least 8 hours of full sunlight everyday.
- Water – Give water regularly in summer days and keep moist the soil.
- Soil – Use well drainage sandy loamy soil and rich in organic matter with PH 6.5- 7.5.
- Temperature – Bottle gourd optimum growing temperature is between 24 to 35 Degree Celsius and minimum temperature is 18 degree Celsius.
- Fertilizer - After 45 days of planting bottle gourd, give them handful of organic fertilizers as vermicompost, cow dung or Neem cake around each plants. Otherwise you can used 1 tablespoon of 15:15:15 (NPK) fertilizer per plant.
- Common pests and disease - Some common insects which are generally found in bottle gourd plants are aphid, cucumber beetles, cutworms, leaf miners, pickleworms, spider mites, squash bugs, squash vine borers, thrips and whiteflies. Bottle gourd plant is infected by some diseases like alternaria leaf blight, anthracnose, bacteria wilt, blossom end rot, downy mildew, fusarium crown rot, gummy stem blight, powdery mildew, watermelon mosaic virus. Look for early sign of fungal, insect or other infections spray organic pesticide Neem oil to cure these symptoms.
Bottle Gourd Long Harvest TimeClimber Bottle gourd will start to flowering after 50- 60 days from seed sowing. Bottle gourd will take about 2 months for harvest after seed sowing. Bottle gourd should be harvested when it becomes green. Cut the stem by using a sharp knife or scissor. Leave as much of the stem on the gourd plant as possible. Harvesting season can continue for next 3 months.
Bottle Gourd Special Features
- Common name – Lauki and ghiya (लौकी)
- Flower/foliage color – White/green
- Level of grow – Easy
- Height – 10 to 12 feet as a vine
- Spread – Above 12 feet
- Avoid planting with – Potatoes
- Companion planting – Beans, corn and peas
Why my bottle gourd getting wilting?Over watering is the main reason behind bottle gourd wilting; so avoid over watering and keep the soil moist.
Why are my bottle gourd seeds not germinating?Bottle gourd seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
What is the best sowing medium for bottle gourd?Best sowing medium for bottle gourd is 1 part garden soil, 1 part coco peat and 1 part vermicompost (or any organic fertilizer).
Does bottle gourd need support?Bottle gourd is a climber vine plant, so they need some support like pipe, bamboo, rope or wires.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1.80g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Bottle Gourd
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Thank you, Awadh Bihari Sharma, for your positive review! We're pleased to hear that you appreciate our collection .
Within 4-5days seed got germinate. Germination rate 90%ðŸ‘
Best seeds there were 9 to 10 seeds n almost all of them germinated