Black Radish Round Seeds (kali Mooli/ काली मूली के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Black Round Radish seeds: 50 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: October to February
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 1/4 inch
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days
- Germination temperature: 12-24°C
- Harvesting: 6 to 8 week
- Plant vigor: Strong plant Round Root
What size grow bag is best for Black Round Radish?
Black Round Radish Growing Season In IndiaRadishes are typically grown during the winter season (October to February) in India, but they can also be cultivated during the monsoon season (July to September) in some regions, especially in cooler areas.
How To Grow Black Round Radish In PotDirect seed sowing in any pot/grow bag is the best way to grow black radishes because transplanting disturbs their roots. Choose a pot/grow bag (18-24 inches wide and 6-12 inches deep) with well drainage holes. The ideal temperature for black radish seeds germination is 12-24°C.
Black Round Radish Seeds Sowing MethodSow black radish seeds directly in a pot or grow bag about 1/4 to 1/2 inch deep and 2-4 inch apart in soil. Give light water through a watering can and keep the soil moist. Radish seeds will be germinated within 4-10 days. Place the container in a sunny place where it receives proper sunlight.
When To Fertilize Black Radish PlantBlack radish or other radishes does not need much fertilizer after planting. Radish like plenty of phosphorous so, make sure that you have added organic fertilizer and bone meal powder into the soil before seeds sowing. Don’t use too much nitrogen because it will encourage heavy top growth and discourages root bulbs.
Black Round Radish Care TipsWater – Give regular water to radish plants and keep the soil moist not soggy.
Soil – For better results for white radish plants use well-drained, slightly acidic to neutral soil.
Sunlight – Radishes need full sun (at least 6 hours of direct light is necessary for the fast growth of white radish plants).
Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing a white radish plant is 10-30°C.
Common pests and diseases – Some pests like snails, slugs, aphids, flea beetles, cutworms, and cabbage loopers can attack radish plants. Cabbage maggots can spread a disease called a bacterial white spot to the roots. Use organic insecticide neem oil to control pests and diseases in radish plants.
When To Harvest Round Black Radish
- Black radish will mature quickly within 45-60 days from seed sowing.
- You can harvest black radishes when the roots are about an inch out of the soil.
Black Round Radish Special Features
- Common name – kali mooli (in Hindi)
- Scientific name – Raphanus sativus sativus
- Height – Up to 10 inches
- Companion plant – Lettuce, tomato, carrots, peas, spinach
Why are my radishes not making bulbs?The main reason for not growing radish bulbs is overcrowding. Radishes need more space to grow their bulbs and overcrowding doesn't provide space to grow bulbs.
Why are my black radish seeds not germinating?Black radish seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 65mg
Net Quantity: 50N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Black-Radish-Round
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
The product was very very good after 6 days of sowing the seeds all of them germinated.
Nice germination,very good product.
Black round radish