Italian Large Leaf Basil Seeds (तुलसी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Italian Large Leaf Basil Seeds (Tulsi ke beej): 100 Seed
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant or Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 cm or 1/4 inches
- Germination temperature: 21-30°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 18 days
- Harvest: 50-60 days after planting
What size grow bag is best for Basil?
Italian Basil Plant Growing Season In IndiaYou can grow basil large leaf plants in any season throughout the year. The best season for sowing Italian basil seeds is spring and summer when the soil is warm.
How To Grow Basil Large Leaf At HomeBasil large leaf seeds can be sown directly in pots or by transplanting. Basil seeds will germinate faster at 21°C temperature.
Italian Basil Seeds Sowing MethodSow basil large leaf seeds in a seedling tray with a potting mix about 0.5 cm or 1/4 inches deep. Give light water through a water sprayer. Keep the seedling tray in a location where it receives medium and bright sunlight and keep the soil moist. Basil large leaf seeds will germinate within 7-14 days.
When seedlings are 6-8 inches in height at that time transplant them into a big pot or grow bag and plant only 1-2 saplings per pot.
How To Fertilize Basil Large Leaf PlantApply good organic fertilizer (such as vermicompost, and cow manure) or slow-release fertilizer (like compost tea) to the Italian basil plant once a month.
Italian Basil Plant Care TipsWater – Give deep water once a week to your basil plants.
Soil – Use well-drained, moist soil for better growth of basil plants.
Sunlight – Italian Basil plants need 6-8 hours of full sunlight.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for basil large leaf plants is between 27-32°C (minimum temperature is 10°C).
Common Pests and Disease – Aphids, slugs, and whiteflies commonly attack Italian basil plants, and basil is infected with certain diseases such as fusarium wilt, bacterial leaf spot, and root rot. If you are facing these problems use organic pesticide neem oil.
How To Prune/ Harvest Basil Large Leaf
- Harvesting or pruning is the same for basil plants.
- Cut the leaves when Italian basil plant is about 8-10 inches tall.
- Prune when you notice mature basil plants starting to form flower buds if you will not cut basil flower buds, the plant will put all its energy into making seeds, and flowering changes the flavor of basil.
Italian Basil Plant Special Features
- Common name – Tulsi (तुलसी)
- Scientific name – Ocimum basilicum
- Plant height – 18-24 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
Why are the leaves of my basil (tulsi) plant drooping?Root rot is another main reason for dropping basil leaves which is generally caused by improper watering or poorly drained soil.
Why are my Italian basil seeds not germinating?
Italian large-leaf Basil seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 18mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Basil Large leaf
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
First of all , thanks for delivering in time. Your packaging is too good. . Half of the seeds were shown , and now It has covered 2 pots 8' in size. The germination rate were really high. The leaves r looking just as shown in your website.
We're glad the delivery was timely, and you found the packaging satisfactory. It's fantastic to know that the seeds had a high germination rate and have now covered two pots of substantial size (8'). We're thrilled that the leaves are matching the description on our website.
Very good quality
Thank you, SUPRIYA SARKAR! We're glad to hear that you are happy with the quality of our Italian Large Leaf Basil Seeds.
Thank you for the review.
Good quality seeds.