Amaranthus Mixed Seeds
About this item
- Number of Amaranthus Mixed Seeds: 200 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Early spring (January to February)
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant or direct
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 1/8 inches deep in a seedling tray or Container/ Pots.
- Germination temperature: 18-24°C
- Germination time: 5 to 14 days
- Blooming time: Summer to fall
What size grow bag is best for Amaranthus?
Amaranthus Growing Season In IndiaAmaranthus is an annual flowering plant grown as a perennial in a frost-free area. Amaranthus is fond of warm weather to thrive and early spring (January to February) is the perfect time to sow amaranthus seeds.
How To Grow Amaranthus MixedAmaranthus grows best by the seedling transplantation method. You can also sow the amaranthus seed directly in a container, pot, or garden. Amaranthus germinates best in warm weather and temperatures between 18-24°C. For planting amaranthus flowers you need a pot or grow bag at least 12-18 inches deep and 12-18 inches wide with good drainage holes.
Amaranthus Mixed Seeds Sowing MethodTo plant Amaranthus seeds, take a pot or grow bag and fill it with potting mix. Spread the amaranthus seeds on the soil and press them gently with your hands as it requires light to germinate so place the pot in a sunny location. Water the soil through a watering can and keep the soil moist. Amaranthus seeds germinate for about 7-14 days, they can germinate early or late depending upon growing conditions.
If you planted Amaranthus in seedling trays, transplant them when the seedlings are about a few inches tall. But before transplanting, harden them for a week to give them a favorable environment.
Fertilizer For Amaranthus Flower Plants
- Add organic fertilizer (cow manure, or vermicompost) during the amaranthus growing season for their healthy growth.
- You can also apply a well-balanced liquid fertilizer before blooming and after the flowers have faded.
Amaranthus Plant Care TipsSoil - You can use well-drained, fertile, and rich soil with a pH of 6-7.5. Although amaranthus flowers can grow in normal soil, do not use soil with poor drainage as this can cause root rot.
Water - Amaranthus is a drought-resistant flowering plant but does require ample water. Water regularly during their young stage and once they are established keep the soil moist and do not allow them to dry out.
Sunlight - Amaranthus prefers full sunlight but needs some afternoon shade in the hottest month of summer. Do not plant amaranthus in full shade otherwise, the plant will not grow well.
Temperature - Amaranthus likes warm weather to thrive and cannot tolerate temperatures below 4°C. The optimum growing temperatures for amaranthus flowers are 21-29°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as aphids, slugs, and snails feed on amaranthus flower plants, in addition, the plants are infected with powdery mildew and fungal leaf spot disease. Use a spray of neem oil on amaranthus plants to get rid of these pests.
Amaranthus Blooming Time
- Amaranthus plant blooms after 2-4 months (60-120 days) from sowing.
- Usually, amaranthus blooms from summer to fall.
- You can cut the beautiful amaranthus flower and decorate it in a vase, it will easily stay fresh for a long time.
Amaranthus Plant Special Features
- Common name - Prince's-feather, and Prince-of-Wales feather plant
- Scientific name - Amaranthus hypochondriacus
- Plant height - Minimum 12 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
- Blooming time - Summer to fall (within 2-4 months of planting)
Is amaranth hard to grow?Amaranthus is easy to grow, it only needs full sunlight and regular watering during its growing phase.
Is amaranthus poisonous?No, amaranthus is non-poisonous to humans. The leaves and seeds are edible and have a mild flavor.
Does amaranthus need light to germinate?Yes, all amaranthus flower plants need light to germinate, so put the pot or tray on a window sill if you are planting indoors.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 15mg
Net Quantity: 200N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Amaranthus-Mixed
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
All the seeds germinated in 7 days,very small seeds.
Used cocopeat for germination. Within 10-15 days seed got germinate. Germination rate 95%