Yellow Onion Seeds (Pili Pyaj/प्याज के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Yellow Onion seeds (Peeli pyaj ke beej): 1000 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: June to December
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 13-24°C
- Harvesting: 120 to 150 days
- Bulb color: Yellow
What size grow bag is best for Yellow Onion?
Yellow Onion Plant Growing Season In IndiaYellow onion grows quickly in mild, gentle weather that is not too rainy, too cold, or too hot. The best month to sow onion seeds is from September-December in hilly areas and June to July or September to November in plain areas.
How To Grow Yellow OnionStarting in the seedling tray and then transplanting them into big pots is the best way to sow onion yellow seeds. The onion needs at least 13°C for seed germination. Take a seedling tray or small size pots up to 3 inches deep, fill them with a growing medium, and spread the yellow onion seeds on it, then cover a thin layer of soil above the seeds. Give deep water through a water sprayer. Place the seedling tray in a sunny spot and keep the soil moist. Onion yellow seeds can take 1-2 weeks for germination. Transplant the seedling after 25-30 days from seed sowing into big pots about 2-3 inches deep in the soil and 4-5 inches apart.
How To Fertilize Yellow Onion PlantOnions need much feed to grow well, apply compost tea or nitrogen-rich liquid fertilizer in every 2 weeks for your yellow onion plants.
Yellow Onion Plant Care TipsWater – Yellow onion does not require too much water, give water once a week or when you feel the soil is dried.
Soil – Use loose, fertile, well-drained, and nitrogen-rich soil for getting the best result from the yellow onion.
Sunlight – Yellow onions prefer full direct sunlight (at least 6-8 hours).
Temperature – The optimum temperature for growing yellow onion is between 20-25°C.
Common pests and diseases – Fungal diseases like Damping Off and Purple Blotch and pests like Thrips and Eriphyid mites infected onion plants. Use neem oil to avoid these insects or pests.
Yellow Onion Harvest Time
- Your yellow onion will be ready to harvest in mid to late summer within 4 to 5 months from seed sowing.
- Harvest yellow onion in the morning when the temperature is cool.
- You can see the top of the onion bulb popping out of the soil.
- Ripe onion can rot easily on rainy days so make sure to harvest yellow onion quickly.
Yellow Onion Plant Special Features
- Common name – Bulb onion, peeli pyaj (पीली प्याज)
- Scientific name - Allium cepa
- Height – 2 to 3 feet
- Level of growing - Medium
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 8g
Net Quantity: 2000N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Yellow-Onion
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001