Watermelon Oval Dark Green Hybrid Seeds (Tarbooj/तरबूज के बीज)
About this item
- Number of hybrid Watermelon Seeds: 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Summer Season
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant/Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5-1 inch
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 21 to 35°C.
- Harvesting: 75-90 days from sowing
- Fruit: Oblong shape and dark green in color
- Average weight: 3-4 kgs
- Taste: Red crispy flesh, very sweet in taste
What size grow bag is best for Watermelon?
Oval Dark Green Watermelon Growing Season In IndiaYou can sow watermelon oval dark green hybrid seeds from late spring to early summer (March to April) because this is the best time to plant watermelon seeds.
How To Grow Dark Green Watermelon In ContainerYou can sow watermelon oval dark green hybrid seeds by both direct and transplant methods. But most gardeners are recommended transplant because it gives a good environment for the plant and grows successfully. Watermelon seeds germinate rapidly in warm climates with temperatures between 21-35°C.
Watermelon Oval Dark Green Hybrid Seeds Sowing MethodTo sow Watermelon Oval Dark green seeds, fill the seedling tray or small pot with growing medium (potting soil) then sow the seeds at a depth of 0.5-1 inch. Add water to the soil and maintain the proper amount of moisture. Place the seedling tray in a sunny spot. It can take about 6-14 days for watermelon seeds to germinate. Seeds can germinate rapidly (about 4 to 8 days) when the soil temperature is 30°C.
When the watermelon plant has at least two sets of leaves, carefully (without disturbing its roots) transplant the healthiest plant into the pots with the soil and compost, making sure only one healthy plant is planted in each pot.
How To Fertilize Watermelon Oval Dark Green Plant
- To make the plants grow faster, you can use nitrogen-rich organic fertilizers like old manure, bone meal, and mustard cake after transplanting.
- After flowering on the watermelon vine, you should apply fertilizer containing phosphorus and potassium to it. You can fertilize the watermelon plant at an interval of 15 to 20 days.
Oval Dark green Watermelon Plant Care TipsWater – Give an adequate amount of water to the growing plants. Maintain the proper amount of moisture in the soil, so that watermelon plants can grow well.
Soil – Use fertile, loamy soil (sand + clay mixture) to plant watermelon.
Sunlight – The watermelon vine should get about 6 to 8 hours of full sunlight daily.
Temperature – The temperature between 21-40°C is suitable for the good growth of the watermelon plant.
Common pests and diseases – Aphids, beetles, and spider mites affect plant growth and the watermelon plant is infected by some diseases such as powdery mildew, anthracnose, and fusarium wilt. Spray neem oil on watermelon vine or fruit to avoid pests or diseases on the plant.
Dark Green Oval Watermelon Harvesting TimeWith proper vine care, you can get fresh watermelon fruit ripening on the watermelon vine within 75 to 90 days from seed sowing.
Oval Dark Green Watermelon Plant Special Features
- Common name – Tarbooj (In Hindi)
- Scientific name – Citrullus Lanatus
- Flower color – Yellow
- Height – Above 10 feet (vine)
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 45mg
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Watermelon-Oval
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001