Vinca Purple Hybrid Seeds (Periwinkle/ Purple sadabahar/सदाबहार के बीज)
- Number of Purple Vinca Seeds: 20 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year (best time Summer Season)
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant/Direct
- Germination temperature: 21-26°C
- Germination Time: 4-10 days from sowing
- Blooming Time: 2-3 months from sowing (summer to winter)
What size grow bag is best for Vinca?
Vinca Flower Growing Season In IndiaPeriwinkle or vinca grows best in warm weather and prefers hot and dry areas. In India, you can sow vinca seeds throughout the year but the summer season is an excellent time for planting.
How To Grow Vinca In PotsIt grows well both by direct sowing or seedling transplanting method. Sow the seeds when the soil temperature is 21-26°C for faster germination. Vinca is a small plant so it does not need large pots. Pots or grow bags about 9 to 15 inches wide and deep are good for this.
Vinca Black Hybrid Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray or small pot and fill it with a potting mix, you can also make your own potting mix by mixing 20% cocopeat, 30% vermicompost, 30% garden soil, and 20% sand. Sow vinca seeds 0.5 cm in the soil. Do not place the seedling tray in direct sunlight, keep them in indirect sunlight. Water the soil gently through a watering can and keep them moist until germination; vinca can germinate in about 4-10 days.
After seed germination when vinca seedlings have a few true leaves, you can transplant them into pots or grow bags. Remember, plant only one seedling in each 9 inches pot for healthy growth. Keep the soil moist and place the pot in partial sunlight for a few days after transplanting to protect the seedling from transplant shock. After 3 days, keep the pot in full sunlight.
Vinca Fertilizers RequirementsIt doesn’t need a lot of fertilizers, just add a balanced fertilizer monthly for better foliage, flower, and plant health.
Vinca Flowers Care TipsSoil – Use good-drained, fertile, and rich soil. However, vinca can also grow well in normal or poor soil.
Water – Vinca require regular watering before they become established, they are drought tolerant once they mature so, moderate watering is good for this. Water weekly on cold and rainy days.
Sunlight – Vinca can grow in partial shade and full sunlight, but for best results, place the pot in an area that receives full sunlight in the morning and some partial shade during the afternoon.
Temperature – Since Vinca is a heat-tolerant plant, it can grow best in temperatures between 24-38 °C.
Common pests and diseases – Pests such as Aphids, spider mites, and whiteflies inhibit the growth of vinca by feeding on the plants. You can use neem oil on the plant to get rid of these insects. In addition, some fungal diseases form on leaves, so it is best to cut off infected leaves to avoid the spread of these fungal diseases.
Mulching – Mulch is good for protecting the vinca from extreme heat and retaining moisture in the soil.
Vinca Bloom Time
- Periwinkle or vinca blooms from summer until cold days. Usually, it takes 2-3 months to bloom.
- In India, it blooms throughout the year so plant it in gardens to make the gardens more colorful.
Vinca Special Features
- Common name – Vinca, Periwinkle, rosy periwinkle, and Myrtle
- Scientific name – Catharanthus roseus
- Height – 12 to 24 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
- Companion planting – Marigolds and zinnias
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
How long will it take for the seeds to sprout
Blooming Time: 2-3 months from sowing (summer to winter)