Ridge Gourd Dark Green F1 Hybrid Seeds (Luffa/Turai/तुरई के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Dark Green Ridge gourd (Luffa) seeds (Turai ke beej): 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inches
- Germination Time: 6 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 18-30°C
- Fruit color: shining dark green
- Fruit Shape: cylindrical type
- Harvesting: 80 to 90 days
- Average fruit weight: 150 to 250 gms
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Ridge gourd?
Ridge Gourd Growing Season In IndiaThe Ridge gourd is a warm-season vegetable but in India, it can be grown throughout the year. You can sow ridge gourd seeds in the summer season (February-May) and the rainy season (June-September). In the South Indian state, ridge gourd can also be grown in winter (October-January).
How To Grow Ridge Gourd (Luffa) In ContainerThe Ridge gourd is a climber plant that needs more space to grow well but can easily grow in pots or grow bags easily (15-24 inches) in width and height. Develop strong trellis support (5-6 feet) by using materials like pipes, bamboo, ropes, wires, etc. trellis helps them to grow straight and long. Ridge gourd seeds will germinate in temperatures between 18-30°C.
Ridge Gourd (Luffa) Seeds Sowing MethodYou can sow ridge gourd seed directly in any pots or grow bags about 0.5 inches deep in well-composted soil; seeds will germinate for about 6-10 days; water the sown seed with a watering can. Keep the pot in a place where the ridge gourd seedling receives at least 6 hours of sunlight.
How To Fertilize Ridge Gourd PlantAfter 20-25 days from ridge gourd seeds sowing, add a side dressing like homemade compost or vermicompost which provide additional nutrients to the gourd plant.
Ridge Gourd Plant Care TipsSunlight – Ridge gourd prefers full sunlight for better growth.
Water – Give water to your ridge gourd plant daily on summer days and keep the soil moist but not soggy.
Soil – Use well-drained loamy soil with a 6.5 to 7.0 ph level for growing ridge gourd plants.
Temperature – Ideal temperature to grow ridge gourd plant is 25-35°C.
Common pests – Pests that are found in ridge gourd-like aphids and whiteflies and ridge gourd plant is infected by powdery mildew and downy mildew. Using organic pesticide `Neem oil’ protects the plant from harmful pests.
Ridge Gourd Flower And PollinationWithin 2 months from the seed sowing ridge gourd plant starts flowering, the male flower appears first and the female will begin with small fruit. Gourd Plant depends on pollinators to set the fruit but sometimes it may be a problem in pollination because bees or insects are less active during the monsoon season. In such a case, hand pollination can work, reveal the stamen at the center by removing the petal from the male blossom, and you will see pollen clinging to it. Carry the pollen on your finger or small soft brush to female blossoms and touch them at their center. Be sure to refresh your brush with pollen every few touches. After doing this process, you will see the plant starts to give fruits.
Ridge Gourd Harvest Time
- Within 80 to 90 days ridge gourd will be ready to harvest.
- You can cut the full-grown ridge gourd with a sharp knife or scissor and this can be done weekly. Harvesting of ridge gourd can be continued for the next 3 months.
Ridge Gourd Special Features
- Common name – Angled Loofah, Ridged Gourd, Chinese Okra, and Turai (तोरई)
- Scientific name – Luffa
- Height– Above 6 feet
- Level of growing– Easy
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Ridge_G_Dark_Green
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Ridge Gourd Dark Green F1 Hybrid Seeds
If you have any questions or need more information about these seeds, please feel free to ask, and I'll be happy to assist you.