Pansy Swiss Giant White Seeds
- Number of Pansy White Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: October – February
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 7-18°C
- Sowing depth: ⅛ inch
- Flower Color: White
- Germination time: 7 to 21 days
- Blooming time: Spring to Summer (February to June)
What size grow bag is best for Pansy Swiss Giant White?
Pansy Growing Season In IndiaPansy thrives in cool weather, and in the heat of summer, they tend to get too leggy. The best time to sow the pansy seeds is early spring (February) or fall (September to November). Additionally, you can plant pansy seeds in late winter (January) for early spring and summer flowering or sow pansy seeds in late summer (June) for fall and winter flowering.
How To Grow Pansy In PotsFor best results, sow pansy seeds by seedling transplant method. You can start planting pansies indoors in a dark spot. The best temperature for pansy seeds to germinate is around 7-18°C. You can use a pot or grow bag at least 9 to 12 inches wide and deep for planting pansies.
Pansy Swiss Giant Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray and fill it with a potting mix, you can also make your own potting mix by mixing 20% cocopeat, 30% vermicompost, 30% garden soil, and 20% sand. Sow 1-2 pansy seeds in each cell at ⅛ inch deep of the seedling tray. Water the soil through a watering can. Keep soil moist and place the seedling tray in a dark spot until germination. Pansies seeds germinate in about 7-21 days.
You can transplant pansy plants when the stems have grown to a few inches tall. Or you can transplant about 6 weeks after planting the seeds. Transplant carefully without damaging the root of the plants and plant only one pansy plant per pot for healthy growth. Keep the soil moist and place the pot in partial sunlight for a few days after transplanting to protect the seedling from transplant shock. After 3 days, keep the pot in full sunlight.
Best Fertilizer For Pansies Flower
- Do not add highly nitrogen-rich fertilizer to pansies plants, as this will result in more foliage than flowers.
- You can apply a plant growth promoter or PROM every few weeks to encourage flowering.
Giant Pansies Plant Care TipsSoil – Use moist, humus-rich, and well-drained soil for planting pansies flowers.
Water – Pansies require regular watering, do not allow the soil to dry out for a long time. Do not put excessive water in the soil, it can cause fungal diseases.
Sunlight – Pansy can grow in full sunlight or partial shade, but for best results, place the pot in an area that receives full sunlight in the morning and some partial shade during the afternoon.
Temperature – Pansies can tolerate low temperatures and grow best in cool climates, temperatures between 7-21°C are optimal for the growth of Pansies plants.
Common pests and diseases – No serious diseases infect the pansy plant but some pests like slugs and aphids stunt the growth of the plant during wet weather. You can use neem oil on the plant to control these pests.
Swiss Giant Pansies Bloom Time
- Pansies bloom from spring through summer (February to June) and sometimes into fall and winter. Generally, it takes 35-50 days for pansies to flower from transplant.
- These are very popular cut flowers and can stay fresh in water for about a week.
Pansy Special Features
- Common name – Pansy, viola
- Scientific name – Viola × wittrockiana
- Height – 6 to 12 inches
- Companion planting – Primrose, trailing lobelia, and sweet alyssum
- Level of growing – Easy
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Pansy_White
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001