Pak Choi (Bok Choi) Seeds (पाक चोई के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Pak choi Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Autumn and Winter
- Sowing method: Direct/Seedling transplant
- Germination Time: 6 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 12-25°C
- Harvesting: 55 to 70 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant, Frilly leaves that open outward when matured
What size grow bag is best for Pak choi?
Pak Choi Growing SeasonPak choi is a cold-loving vegetable plant that can grow quickly from Autumn to Winter (late September to February). Leafy Vegetable Pak choi plants begin to bolt and produce seeds in the summer days.
How To Grow Pak Choi In PotsYou can sow the pak choi seeds directly in any pots/grow bags or transplant them in cool weather. The best size of pot/grow bag is 12-24 wide and 6-12 inches deep for faster growth of the pak choi plant. The ideal temperature for sowing pak choi seeds is 12-25°C.
Pak Choi Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a pot/grow bag and fill them with a sowing medium then sow the Pak choi seed about 0.5 cm deep in the soil at a distance of 1-2 inches from each seed. Give deep water to the bok choy seedling every day by using a watering can. Keep the pot in a sunny location pak choi seeds will be germinated within 6-10 days.
When To Fertilize Pak Choi Plants
- Add slowly realize fertilizer during planting pak choi. It will provide nutrients to the plants.
- Apply nitrogen-rich fertilizer every 15 days to promote pak choi leaves growth.
- Feed the pak choi plants with fish emulsion, manure, or compost tea during the growing season.
Pak Choi Care TipsSoil – Pak choi should be planted in well-draining soil that is rich in organic matter. It prefers neutral to slightly alkaline soil and the ideal soil pH is 6.0 to 7.5.
Water – When the temperature warms up, regular watering and keeping sufficient moisture level in the soil for the successful growth of pak choi. Never let the soil dry out completely because pak choi likes slightly moist soil.
Sunlight – Pak choi is a cold vegetable and it grows best in full sun but it can also tolerate 4-6 hours of partial shade.
Temperature – Optimum bok choy growing temperature is 12-25°C; however it can also grow in temperature between 10-32°C.
Common pests and diseases – Cabbage looper, worms, and aphids damage the plants and eat their leaves. Pak choi is infected with bacterial soft rot and root rot due to excessive soil moisture, over-watering, and poor drainage. To protect the pak choi from insects or pests, spray neem oil on your plants.
When To Harvest Pak Choi
- Within 3-4 weeks, you can cut the outer leaves and let the inner leaves thrive.
- Harvest pak choi whole head after 50-70 days of seeds sowing.
Pak Choi Special Features
- Common name – Bok choy, Chinese chard, Chinese mustard, celery mustard, and spoon cabbage
- Scientific name – Brassica rapa subsp. chinensis
- Height – 6 to 12 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
Why are my pak choi seeds not germinating?Pak choi seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Why is my pak choi not growing well?
Pak choi will not grow if the soil is too warm or too watery.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 25mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Pak Choi
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I have been buying seeds from organic bazaar since past one year n it has never disappointed me.Best n genuine seeds ever.must buy it from here itself.I have recommended my family members n friends also and they too have been very happy with it.
Thank you, Reshmi Tamang, for your continued support and positive feedback!
Fast germination,all seeds germinated on third day.
good germination rate nice products.