Untreated Cabbage Seeds For Organic Gardening (Patta Gobhi/ पत्ता गोभी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of organic Cabbage seeds (Patta gobhi ke beej): 200 Seeds
- Untreated, Non-Hybrid
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a seedling tray Container, or Pot. Transplant in 25 to 30 days
- Germination Time: 6 to 15 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 13-25°C
- Harvesting: 12 to 13 week
- Sowing season: Spring and Winter
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Cabbage (Patta gobhi)?
Cabbage Seeds Sowing MethodGenerally, cabbage seeds are sown in a seedling tray, and after seeds germination, the plant is transplanted into any pots or grow bags. Sow cabbage seeds in a seedling tray with coco peat or potting mix about 0.5 inch deep. Cabbage seeds are very small in size so avoid sowing them in too deep and sow only 2 cabbage seeds per cell/cup of seedling tray. Keep the seedling indoor till the seeds germination and give at least 2 tablespoon water regularly. After germination, seedling will start growing a plant so provide sunlight to your seedling to encourage leaf growth. After 25-35 days from cabbage seeds sowing, plant will be ready to transplant in any pots or grow bags. Before transplant the seedling, mix good organic manure in the soil with 2:1 ratio. Transplant the seedling safely along with root ball of a medium.
Cabbage Plant Growing Season In IndiaBroccoli is a cool-season vegetable and grows well in either spring or winter; the best month to sow the broccoli seeds are from January to February or September-November. Green Broccoli not forming heads or bolting is the result of growing broccoli in summer so avoid planting on hot days.
Cabbage Plant Care Tips
- Sunlight – Cabbage plants need 6-8 hours of full light in winter days.
- Water – Give 2 inch water every week to your cabbage plant.
- Soil – Use well drainage and nutrient rich soil with 6.5 to 6.8 ph.
- Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing cabbage plants is between 10- 30 degree Celsius (50- 85 degree Fahrenheit).
- Fertilizer – After 15 days of transplanting, apply balanced liquid fertilizer such as fish emulsion or hand full of vermicompost to each cabbage plant when they start to develop new leaves and forming head .
- Mulch – Mulch thickly to your cabbage plant for retain moisture and regulate soil temperature .
- Common pests and disease – Some common insects which are generally found in cabbage plants are caterpillars, cabbage loopers, white flies, flea beetles, root maggots, cutworm and aphids. Cabbage plant infected by some diseases like white spot or leaf spot, black rot, downy mildew, clubroot and blackleg etc. Look for early sign of fungal, insect or other infections spray organic pesticide Neem oil to cure these symptoms.
Cabbage Harvest TimeCabbage will take about 90- 100 days for harvest after seed sowing. You can harvest cabbage when heads reach desired size and are strong. Cut each cabbage head and its base with sharp knife, after harvesting cabbage bring inside and put them in shade immediately.
Cabbage Special Features
- Common name – Patta gobhi (पत्ता गोभी)
- Level of grow – Medium
- Height – Above 2 feet
- Spread – Above 3 feet
- Avoid planting with – Strawberries, tomatoes
- Companion plants – Beans and cucumbers
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Org_Cabbage
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Iit feels good to know that young start up are doing so well in agri sector, you get variety and quality of seeds with proper instructions on it ,ordering was much easier,and promisely deliverd on the date . Its not easier to open and run a startup in in narsinghpur city,but these guys are trained and maintained a good repo in the market and India.proud of you guys.good keep it up ,all the best.
Thankyou for the review.