Untreated Beetroot (Chukandar) seeds For Organic Gardening (चुकंदर के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Untreated Beetroot seeds: 100 Seeds
- Untreated, Non-Hybrid
- Growing season: Spring, Winter, or Fall
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 50-80 days from planting
- Plant vigor: Strong plant Root
What size grow bag is best for Beetroot?
Beetroot Growing Season In IndiaBeetroot is a cool-weather vegetable so you can sow the beetroot seeds from September to November for the winter crop and from January to February for the spring crop.
How To Grow Beetroot In PotsBeetroot seeds should be sown directly into final pots or grow bags because it is root vegetable and cannot grow well with transplants. Avoid planting beets in an area where Swiss chard and spinach were previously sown. Select a pot or grow bag (18-24 and 6-12 inches wide and deep) with well drainage holes. The optimum temperature for the germination of beetroot seeds is 15-25°C.
Beetroot Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag fill them with potting mix, and sow the beetroot seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the potting mix at a distance of 2-3 inches from each seed. Keep the soil moist and place the beetroot seedlings in a sunny spot. Beetroot seeds will germinate in 6-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Best Fertilizers For Beetroot Plant
- While planting beetroot, mix organic fertilizer such as vermicompost, cow manure, or neem cake in the potting soil.
- Avoid adding too much nitrogen-rich fertilizer.
- Use water-soluble fertilizer during the growing time every 2 weeks.
Beetroot Plants Care TipsSoil – For planting beetroot, use well-drained and fertile soil with ph 6.5 to 7.5
Sunlight – Beetroot prefers 6-8 hours of full sunlight but it can grow easily in a shady area.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for beetroot is 10-30°C.
Water – Watered once a week or water should be done when soil becomes dry.
Common pests and diseases – Pests that attack the plants are flea beetles, leaf hoppers, and Mexican bean beetle. Cucumber mosaic virus, leaf spot infects the beetroot plants; use organic insecticide neem oil to avoid these insects and stay free from diseases.
Beetroot Harvesting Time
- Beetroot will be ready to harvest within 50-80 days.
- Harvest the roots when they are golf ball-shaped or larger.
- You can cut the beetroot greens at any time.
Beetroot Special Features
- Common name – Beet, Chukandar, and garden beet, चुकंदर
- Scientific name – Beta vulgaris
- Height – 12 to 18 inches
- Companion planting – Bush bean and onion
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Org_Beetroot
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I have planted it, yet to germinate, lets wait and watch
Thank you, Dr. Santosh G S, for your review of our Untreated Beetroot (Chukandar) Seeds for Organic Gardening. Patience is key in gardening, and we appreciate your understanding.