Oregano Seeds (ओरिगैनो के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Oregano Seeds: 200 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter Season
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 cm deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 7 to 10 days
- Germination temperature: 18-25°C
- Harvesting: 3 months after planting
What size grow bag is best for Oregano?
Oregano Growing Season In IndiaThe oregano growing season in India typically aligns with the cooler months of the year, which are from October to February. Oregano prefers a temperate climate with moderate temperatures and good sunlight.
How To Grow Oregano In ContainersYou can sow Oregano seeds in any container or grow them by transplant method; it grows well in both ways. To grow oregano from seeds, select a pot or grow bag that is 9-15 inches wide and deep with well-draining holes. Oregano seeds germinate faster in warm climates when the soil temperature is between 18-25°C.
Oregano Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag, fill them with soil, and add organic fertilizer then sprinkle 5-10 oregano seeds over the soil, and cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil as oregano seeds need light to germinate well. Water the soil deeply through a watering can, and put the pot in a sunny spot. Oregano seeds germinate in about 7-10 days, they may germinate early or late depending on the growing conditions.
If you have grown oregano in a seedling tray then after seeds germination when seedlings are a few inches tall, then you need to transplant them into big pots. Do not add extra fertilizer, give proper water to the oregano plant and try to keep the soil moist.
Fertilizer For Oregano PlantsOregano doesn't require any special fertilizer, it can grow very well in normal soil. Even more nutrients in the soil, especially nitrogen can change the flavor of the plant.
Oregano Plants Care TipsSoil - Use well-drained, dry, and light soil for planting oregano, it can grow very well in soil that does not contain nutrients.
Water - Oregano doesn't need a lot of water because it is drought tolerant, you should give 1 inch of water per week and water early in the day and don't let the leaves get wet.
Sunlight - Oregano plants require at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day. And if you are growing oregano indoors then the plant should get 4-6 hours of light.
Temperature - The ideal temperature for growing oregano is 15–30°C. The oregano plant can tolerate cold and hot temperatures and does not like high humidity.
Common pests and diseases - Some pests such as aphids, and spider mites attack plants, and disease powdery mildew infects the plants. To get rid of the problem it would be right to spray neem oil on the oregano plants.
Pruning Of Oregano Plants
- To encourage the growth of new leaves and enhance the flavor of the oregano, pruning is very important. If you are regularly harvesting the plant, there is no need for pruning.
- Prune dry and infected flowers and leaves; If any flowers begin to appear, pinch or cut them off to prevent them from producing seeds.
Harvesting Of Oregano
- Oregano is ready for harvesting within 3 months after planting.
- You can cut the leaves with scissors as needed at any stage of the growing season.
- The best time to cut the leaves is when they are young.
Oregano Special Features
- Common names - Oregano, origanum, and wild marjoram
- Scientific name - Origanum vulgare
- Height - 2 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Beans, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, strawberries, and tomatoes
- Avoid planting - Basil, Chives, Cilantro, and Mint
Why are my oregano seeds not germinating?Oregano seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 5mg
Net Quantity: 200N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Oregano
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Thank you for feedback on our service.
thankyou so much for this seed quality is more than expectations.