Nasturtium Jewel of Africa Mix Color Seeds
- Seed quantity: 20 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: Winter to spring (October-February)
- Sowing method: Direct in pots/grow bag
- Seeds Sowing Depth - 1 inch
- Germination temperature: 12-21°C
- Germination time: 5-17 days
- Blooming time: Spring, Summer, and Fall
What size grow bag is best for Nasturtium?
Jewel Of Africa Nasturtium Growing Season In IndiaNasturtium prefers cool weather and can tolerate dry and excessively humid conditions. You can sow the seeds of nasturtiums from winter to spring (October-February) when the weather is warm enough for planting.
How To Grow Nasturtium Jewel Of Africa In PotsThe direct seeding method is recommended for nasturtiums because their roots are sensitive to transplants. Sow nasturtium seeds when the temperature is around 12-21°C. Choose a pot or grow bag 9-15 inches deep and wide to plant the nasturtium.
Nasturtium Jewel Of Africa Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot fill them with potting mix soil and sow the nasturtium seeds about 1 inch deep in the soil. Water the soil deeply and keep the soil moist until germination; Nasturtium seeds will germinate in 5-17 days.
If you plant nasturtium seeds by transplant method, it is best to germinate in coco peat coin or tissue paper to avoid root disturbance.
Fertilizer Requirements For Nasturtium
- Do not add any chemical fertilizer because leaves and flowers are edible.
- You can add phosphorous-rich fertilizer, bone meal, or rock phosphate to encourage blooming.
Jewel Of Africa Nasturtium Care TipsSoil - Use well-draining, infertile soil as too rich soil will result in fewer flowers and more leaves.
Water - Nasturtium is moderately drought tolerant, and weekly watering is sufficient for it.
Sunlight - The nasturtium plant grows best in full sun and can tolerate partial shade. But the nasturtium growing in the shade tends to be leggy and produces fewer flowers. Therefore, it is best to grow nasturtium in the shade during the hot summer.
Temperature - Nasturtium grows best in temperatures between 10-27°C. These plants prefer cool climates and can tolerate hot weather but will not produce more flowers.
Common pests and diseases - Caterpillars, flea beetles, black aphids, slugs, and whiteflies disturb the growth of the Nasturtium jewel of Africa plants. You can use neem oil to eliminate them. Other than this bacterial leaf spots infect the plant when grown in poor conditions. It is best to cut off infected leaves to avoid the spread of the disease.
Nasturtium Jewel Of Africa Blooming Time
- Usually, Nasturtium blooms in spring, summer, and fall. It takes 5-6 weeks after germination to flower.
- Nasturtium may stop flowering in summer, so water well and keep the pot in some shade.
Nasturtium Jewel Of Africa Special Features
- Common name - Nasturtium, Jewel of Africa
- Scientific name - Tropaeolum majus
- Height - Up to 8 feet
- Level of difficulty - Easy
Why is my Nasturtium dying?The main reason why nasturtium plants die is excessive water in the soil, if you are facing this problem then do not overwater and use soil with good drainage.
What do you do with Nasturtium when finishes flowering?Once nasturtium completes flowering, it will not bloom again, so these plants are usually removed and new annual flowers are planted.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 2.75g
Net Quantity: 20N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Nasturtium-Jewel
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Very good quality seeds. Excellent germination 👌🏻
Thank you for the excellent review! We're thrilled to hear that you found our Nasturtium Jewel of Africa Mix Color Seeds to be of very good quality with excellent germination. Your satisfaction is our priority. If you have any further feedback or questions, feel free to let us know.
Excellent germination rate. They are growing nicely.