Nargis Mixed Color Flower Bulbs (5N)
About this item
- Number of Mixed Narcissus Flower Bulbs: 5N
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Bulb planting season: Autumn to Winter (September to November)
- Planting Temperature: 4 to 21°C
- Method of grown from bulbs: Directly in a pot/container or garden
- Bulb sowing depth: 4 to 6 inches
- Bulb spacing: 3-4 inches
- Blooming Time: late winter to early spring (late December to February)
- Flower Color: Mixed
What size grow bag is best for Nargis Flower Bulbs?
When To Plant Nargis (Daffodil) Bulbs In IndiaThe daffodil bulb generally prefers a cold period to establish its roots, with most gardeners growing it in Autumn to Winter (September to November) when temperatures are around 15 °C. In India, you can plant Nargis bulbs from September to October in the north and from October to November in the south.
How To Grow Nargis Flower In PotsNargis bulbs come in a variety of sizes, so you can plant them directly in gardens or pots. Since the Daffodils have a long root system that reaches about 12 inches deep, select a container or grow bag that is at least 12 inches deep or more to avoid repotting or root rot. You can plant 3-4 bulbs in a 12 inches pot or grow bag and 1 bulb in a 6-8 inches pot. Plant Daffodil flower bulbs when the soil temperature is around 4 to 21°C.
Planting (Nargis) Daffodil Bulbs In PotsTake a pot or grow bag and fill it with potting mix, you can also use normal soil and add compost. Plant Nargis bulbs in the soil at a depth of 4 to 6 inches, with the pointed end of the bulb facing up. Spacing between the bulbs should be 3-4 inches to allow the Nargis plants to fully develop. Water the soil deeply through a watering can. After 5-6 weeks, you will see the daffodil bulbs develop roots and stems begin to emerge.
Fertilizer Requirements Nargis Flower plant
- To get the best result, Mix bulb fertilizer during planting.
- If your bulb is not performing well in the spring, add high potash fertilizer to improve growth.
Nargis (Daffodil) Flower Care TipsSoil - Use rich, moist, and well-drained soil for planting Nargis bulbs.
Water - Nargis require moderate watering, watering regularly in spring and fall, but stop watering in mid to late spring, or 3 weeks after the Nargis has finished blooming. Also, stop watering during the summer as this is their dormant period and they prefer dry soil.
Sunlight - Daffodil or Nargis bulbs thrive in full sunlight, although they can also grow in partial shade. But try that they get 6-8 hours of sunlight every day.
Temperature - Most daffodils are cold hardy and can survive temperatures as low as -32°C. The ideal temperature for growing daffodil plants is between 10-23°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as aphids, bulb flies, bulb mites and many others infest and weaken the daffodil plant. Insect control can be done by using neem oil on plants. Diseases such as bulb rot or root rot due to poorly drained soil and narcissus yellow stripe virus which causes yellow and brown spots on the foliage. To prevent the spread of these diseases, you can remove the infected part of the plant.
Daffodil (Nargis) Bloom Time
- Generally, Nargis plants take 80-100 days to bloom and some varieties take more than this.
- Nargis bloom from late winter to early spring (late December to February).
Nargis Flower Special Features
- Common name - Narcissus, daffodils, Daffadowndilly, Jonquil
- Scientific name - Narcissus spp.
- Height - 6 to 30 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
Do I deadhead daffodils?You can deadhead or remove spent flowers to keep daffodils neat, but you can also skip them as deadheading is not necessary for daffodils.
Do daffodils only bloom once?
The daffodil blooms only once a year but it blooms again each spring.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 110g
Net Quantity: 5N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Nargis-Bulb
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001