Methi Kasuri Seeds (मेथी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Methi Kasuri seeds: 10g/5000 Nos.
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter (September-January)
- Germination Time: 5 to 10 days
- Germination temperature: 12 to 25°C
- Harvesting: 30 to 45 days after planting
- Plant vigor: Bushy Plants, Numerous Side Branches
What size grow bag is best for Methi Kasuri?
Methi Kasuri (Fenugreek) Growing Season In IndiaMethi Kasuri is a cool leafy vegetable that grows best in India from Autumn to Winter (September-January).
How To Grow Methi Kasuri In PotsFenugreek (methi Kasuri) is a leafy vegetable that is usually planted directly in pots because it does not like to be transplanted after germination, so the seeds should be sown in a final container or grow bags. Methi Kasuri has a shallow root system so it does not require a deep container to grow. The optimum soil temperature for the germination of fenugreek seeds is 12-25°C.
Methi Kasuri Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag, fill them with a sowing medium and then sprinkle the fenugreek seeds over the soil and cover them with a thin layer of soil. Water deeply by using a watering can, keep the soil moist, and place the pot in a sunny spot or on a window sill indoors. Fenugreek seeds will start sprouting about 5-10 days after sowing.
Fertilizer For Methi Kasuri PlantsMethi Kasuri plants do not need much feed; however, you can mix manure or organic fertilizer (vermicompost, coco peat, or cow manure) while planting.
Methi Kasuri (Fenugreek) Plant CareSoil - Use loamy and neutral soil for planting fenugreek.
Water – Give medium water, make sure the soil remains moist, and avoid overwatering.
Sunlight – Fenugreek (methi) prefers full sunlight but it can also grow in partial light.
Temperature - Fenugreek grows quickly in warm and mild climates and the best fenugreek growing temperature is 10-25°C (50-90°F).
Common pests and diseases - No insect bothers fenugreek plants except aphids. Powdery mildew, charcoal rot, and root rot are common diseases infecting fenugreek plants, which can cause leaf and plant drops. Try using neem oil or other insecticides to avoid these pests and diseases.
Methi Kasuri Harvesting Time
- Harvest the methi Kasuri leaves 30 to 45 days after planting.
- Cut the leaves with a scissor, the leaves will re-grow after 15 days of cutting.
- You can continue harvesting till the fenugreek (methi) plant starts flowering.
- If you want to harvest fenugreek seeds, you will have to wait until the plant bolt. Collect the seeds 3-5 months after planting; the seeds will develop into small pods and each pod will contain 15-17 seeds.
Methi Kasuri Plant Special Features
- Common name – Fenugreek, methi (मेथी)
- Scientific name – Trigonella foenum-graecum
- Plant Height – 1 to 2 feet
- Growing level – Easy
- Fenugreek companion plants - Beans and cowpeas
Why are my fenugreek seeds not germinating?
Fenugreek (methi) seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over-watering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 10g
Net Quantity: 5000N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Methi-Kasuri
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
good product for leafy vegetable seeds, fast growing .
and timely deliver our products
Thank you for the review.
I have planted them in a pot on my terrace. I can see that all the seeds have germinated in about 5 days
Good germination in just 9 days.