Kale Hybrid Seeds For Home Gardening (केल के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Hybrid Kale Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter season
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: ¼ inch (0.5 cm)
- Germination Time: 5 to 10 days
- Germination temperature: 18–24°C
- Harvesting: 60 to 90 days
What size grow bag is best for Kale?
Kale Plant Growing SeasonKale is a leafy vegetable that grows quickly in cool climates; The best time to sow kale seeds is the winter season from September to December. However, it can be grown in the spring months (February to March) in hilly areas.
How To Grow Kale In PotsAs with other leafy plants, kale seeds are also sown directly in a pot or grow bag (12-24 wide and 12-15 inches deep). You can sow kale seeds in cool weather either indoors or outdoors and the best soil temperature should be 18 to 24°C for the seeds to germinate as quickly as possible. Since the size of the kale plant is 1 to 2 feet high. Therefore, there should be a distance of about 12 inches between two plants of kale vegetable.
Kale Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a pot or grow bag; fill with growing medium and sow the kale seeds at a depth of ¼ inch (0.5 cm). Add water to the soil of the seeded pot and maintain moisture. It can take about 5-10 days for kale seeds to germinate, so wait for the seeds to germinate. Water the kale plant regularly and keep seedlings in a sunny spot.
Best Natural Fertilizer For Kale
- Apply a nitrogen-rich fertilizer to encourage the growth of kale leaves every 1-2 weeks.
- For a high yield of kale plants, use any organic fertilizer like vermicompost, neem cake, mustard cake, and cow manure.
Kale Leafy Plant Care TipsSoil – Kale does best in loam, well-drained soil with high organic matter.
Water – Give water to the kale plant daily and maintain moisture on summer days. Give water 2-3 days per week to the soil of the plant during winter.
Sunlight – Kale plant needs 6 hours of direct sunlight but also grow well in partial shade.
Temperature – Ideal kale plant growing temperature is between 12-25°C.
Common pests and diseases – Caterpillars, aphids, cabbage worms, and cutworms are some pests that attack kale plants, and diseases such as clubroot infect the plants. The main reason for the infestation of insects is water logging in the soil and wetting of the leaves. To protect the kale plant from insects, spray neem oil on your plants.
When To Harvest Kale
- You can harvest kale vegetables around 60 to 90 days after sowing the seeds.
- Cut the leaves when they are large to the size of a hand with the help of gardening shears. As you continue to harvest the first large leaves, the kale yield will increase.
- Remember, all leaves from the kale vegetable plant must be harvested before they turn brown.
Kale Plant Special Features
- Common name – Borecole, Leaf Cabbage
- Scientific name - Brassica oleracea
- Plant height – 1 to 2 feet
- Companion planting – Beetroot And Onion
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 0.90mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Kale
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
The seeds germinated within ten days of sowing. I hope the plants grow and stay healthy..
I really appreciate this company and who behind and running was fabulous job ðŸ™Œ