Hyacinth Jon Boss (Red) Flower Bulbs
Buy the best Quality Hyacinth Jon Boss (Red) Flower Bulbs Online at the best price from www.organicbazar.net and add colors to your garden. Hyacinths are hardy, bulbous plants that are commonly grown in gardens, pots, and Grow bags. They require well-drained soil and thrive in full to partial sunlight. Planting the bulbs in the fall allows them to bloom in the spring.
About this item
- Number of Hyacinth Jon Boss (Red) Flower Bulbs: 05N
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Bulb planting season: Winter (September-November)
- Planting Temperature: 13° to 24°C.
- Method of grown from bulbs: Directly in a pot or garden
- Bulb sowing depth: 4-6 inches
- Bulb spacing: 5-6 inches
- Germination Time: 7 to 21 days
- Flower Color: Red
- Blooming Time: Spring to Mid Summer
What size grow bag is best for Hyacinth Bulbs?
How To Grow Hyacinth Flower Bulbs
- Hyacinth bulbs should be planted in the fall, typically from September to November. During this time, the soil temperature is cooler, which allows the bulbs to experience a cold dormancy period. Bulbs should be planted when the soil temperature is between 50°F and 60°F (10°C to 15°C).
- Hyacinths prefer a location with full sun or partial shade. Ensure the soil is well-drained to prevent waterlogging, which can cause bulb rot.
Prepare the Soil
- Hyacinths grow best in fertile, well-draining soil. You can amend the soil with compost to improve its quality. It's also a good idea to perform a soil pH test to ensure it's slightly acidic to neutral.
- Plant hyacinth bulbs at a depth of about 4-6 and space them 5-6 inches apart. The pointy end of the bulb should be facing upwards. You can plant them individually or in groups for a more dramatic effect.
- After planting, water the bulbs thoroughly. This initial watering helps settle the soil and initiates root growth. Avoid overwatering, as hyacinth bulbs are susceptible to rot in waterlogged soil.
- Add a layer of mulch to conserve moisture and regulate soil temperature. This will also help suppress weed growth.
- For hyacinths to bloom successfully, they require a period of cold dormancy. In areas with cold winters, this happens naturally. If you're in a mild-winter region, you can place potted bulbs in the refrigerator for 6-8 weeks before planting.
- As spring approaches and the shoots emerge, remove the mulch to allow for proper growth. Continue to water as needed to keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged.
- Apply a balanced, slow-release fertilizer in the spring when the shoots are about 3-4 inches (7.5-10 cm) tall. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for the correct application rate.
Support and Deadheading
- If your hyacinths become top-heavy, you can use stakes or flower supports to prevent them from flopping over. Also, remove spent blooms to encourage energy to go into bulb growth for the next year.
- After the hyacinth flowers have finished blooming and the leaves have yellowed, you can cut back the foliage. This is typically in late spring or early summer. Allow the bulbs to remain in the ground to store energy for the following year.
Hyacinth Special Features
- Common name – jalkumbhi (जलकुंभी)
- Scientific name – Hyacinthus
- Height – 6 to 12 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
When should hyacinth bulbs be planted?The best time to plant hyacinth bulbs is in the fall, typically from September to November. This allows them to experience the necessary cold period and bloom in the spring.
How do I care for hyacinths after they bloom?
After hyacinths have finished blooming, allow the foliage to turn yellow and wither before cutting it back. This allows the bulb to store energy for the next year's growth. You can also deadhead spent flowers to encourage bulb health.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Hyacinth_Jon_Boss
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001