French Marigold Fireball Seeds (Genda/गेंदा के फूल के बीज)
About this item
- Number of French Marigold Fireball Seeds: 30 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 21-23°C
- Germination Time: 4-7 days
- Blooming Time: 8 weeks from sowing (early spring to fall)
What size grow bag is best for French Marigold?
French Marigold Growing Season In IndiaThe best time to sow French marigold seeds is from spring to mid-summer (February to Mid-May), although late May to late June is also a good time for planting. French marigold germinates and matures rapidly. In India, you can sow seeds throughout the year but the winter season is the ideal time for planting.
How To Grow French Marigolds From SeedsThe transplantation method is best for the rapid germination of French marigold seeds. However, you can sow the seeds directly. The ideal soil temperature for sowing marigold seeds is 21-23°C.
French Marigold Fireball Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray or small pot and fill it with potting mix, spread the marigold seeds on top of the potting mix, and cover the seeds with a thin layer of potting mix. Water the soil after planting gently through a watering can and keep the pot in a sunny spot however, it can germinate in a dark place. It takes 4-7 days to germinate.
Transplant the seedlings when they are about 2 inches tall. A spacing of at least 6-9 inches is good for French marigolds, or you can plant one plant in each small pot.
Best Fertilizer For French Marigolds
- Marigold plants have no specific need for fertilizer but they do need fertilizers if it is planted in poor soil.
- A liquid fertilizer grows best in container-planted marigolds.
French Marigold Plants Care Tips
Soil - Use fertile and well-drained soil for planting marigolds.
Water - Marigolds need daily watering in the initial days but once established weekly watering is sufficient, but you should check if the soil is dry and water them if it is dry.
Sunlight - Most marigolds love full sunlight but can tolerate some shade. They prefer afternoon shade during summer.
Temperature - The temperature above 35°C and below 4°C is not good for the growth of the marigold. The ideal temperature for growing marigolds is 18-30°C.
Common pests and diseases - Insects such as snails, slugs, aphids, and spider mites inhibit the growth of marigolds. And some diseases such as root rot, and gray mold infect marigolds.
French Marigold Blooming TimeTypically, french marigold blooms from early spring or summer to fall (February-September). It takes about 8 weeks to bloom after sowing.
Marigold (French) Special Features
- Common name - French Marigold
- Scientific name - Tagetes patula
- Height - 6 to 18 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
Why do marigolds become weak in midsummer?
Most marigold varieties do not bloom in the hottest part of summer because they cannot tolerate high temperatures. But that's natural so don't worry, they'll bloom again in late summer or early fall when the weather turns cool again.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 10mg
Net Quantity: 30N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : French-Marigold-Fireball
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001