Freesia Mix Flower Bulb (10N)
About this item
- Number of mix Freesia Bulb: 10N
- Bulb planting season: Winter Season
- Planting Temperature: Around 5-13°C
- Method of grown from bulbs: Directly in a pot or garden
- Bulb sowing depth: 1-2 inches
- Bulb spacing: 3-4 inches
- Germination Time: 14 to 21 days
- Blooming Time: Spring and summer
- Flower Color: Mixed
What size grow bag is best for Freesia Bulb Flower?
When To Plant Freesia From BulbsThe growing season for Freesia bulbs in India is typically during the cooler months, specifically in the autumn and winter. Freesias thrive in mild temperatures and are best planted from September to November, which leads to blooming during the winter and early spring months. It’s important to choose the appropriate planting time according to your local climate and growing conditions in India.
How To Grow Freesia In PotsIt is easy to grow like other bulbs, and you will get great results in just a few months if planted in the right conditions. Plant it directly in the garden or pot when the temperature is around 5-13°C, no need to soak bulbs before planting. Spacing is very important for healthy growth, try to maintain a distance of 3-4 inches between bulbs. Plant 2-3 bulbs per pot to avoid crowding. Pot or grow bag of at least 9-15 inches is good for it.
Planting Freesia BulbsTake a pot or grow bag, fill it with potting mix, and plant 2-3 freesia bulbs in the soil at a depth of 1-2 inches and 3-4 inches of spacing between the bulbs to allow the freesia plants to fully develop. You may notice that the freesia bulb looks small and long, the pointed part should be facing up when planting and the root side should be facing down. Cover the soil, water deeply through a watering can, and keep the soil moist. Keep the pots in a cool, shady spot until they sprout. After 2-3 weeks, you should see the bulbs develop roots and begin to sprout, then move the pot to a warm, sunny spot.
Freesia Bulbs Fertilizer Requirements
- Use a potash liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks when freesias flower buds begin to form.
- In addition, you can add a balanced fertilizer during its growing season to promote its growth.
Freesia Flower Bulbs Care TipsSoil - Well-draining soil is best for planting freesia bulbs; you can also add peat moss or compost to the soil to improve drainage.
Water - For successful freesia growth, keep the soil moist but not soggy. You should water once a week when the freesia is in bloom, and reduce watering when the leaves turn yellow and wilt.
Sunlight - Freesia thrives in full sunlight but can tolerate a few hours of shade. If you grow indoors, place the pot on a window sill where it gets the most hours of sunlight.
Temperature - Freesia is not a cold hardy flowering plant so it cannot grow in low temperatures. Day temperature is 10-21°C while night temperature is 4-13°C good for growing freesia. In addition, at temperatures above 21 ° C, freesia stops growing.
Common pests and diseases - Freesia plants are not infected with serious diseases but some pests such as aphids, slugs, and snails inhibit the growth of the plants. You can use neem oil to repel aphids, while slugs and snails can be removed by hand.
When Does Freesia Bloom?
- Generally, freesia blooms in spring and summer, and flowering takes 3-4 months after planting.
- If you plant freesia bulbs in autumn, flowers will occur in late winter, and if planted in spring, you may see freesia bloom in early summer.
Freesia Special Features
- Common name - Freesia
- Scientific name - Freesia
- Height - 12-24 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
Does a freesia plant come back every year?Freesia is a perennial flowering plant but cannot survive frost and low temperatures. In frost-free areas, it may come back every year but in frost-free areas, it will die.
Should freesias be deadheaded?
Yes, deadhead spent flowers should be done when the plant has finished blooming.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 25g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Freesia
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001