Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) (मेथी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Fenugreek Seeds (Methi ke beej): 20g/1500 Seeds
- Growing season: Winter Season (September-January)
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Germination Time: 5 to 10 days
- Germination temperature: 12 to 25°C
- Harvesting: 30 to 45 days after planting
- Plant vigor: Bushy Plants, Numerous Side Branches
What size grow bag is best for Fenugreek (Methi)?
Fenugreek Growing Season In IndiaFenugreek is a cool leafy vegetable that grows best in India from Autumn to Winter (September-January).
How To Grow Fenugreek (Methi) In PotsFenugreek is a leafy vegetable that is usually planted directly in pots because it does not like to be transplanted after germination, so the seeds should be sown in a final container or grow bags. The optimum soil temperature for the germination of fenugreek seeds is 12-25°C.
Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag, fill them with a sowing medium, sprinkle the fenugreek seeds over the soil, and cover them with a thin layer of soil. Water deeply by using a watering can, keep the soil moist, and place the pot in a sunny spot or on a window sill indoors. Fenugreek seeds will start sprouting about 5-10 days after sowing.
Fertilizer For Fenugreek PlantsFenugreek plants do not require much feed; however, you can mix manure or organic fertilizer (vermicompost, coco peat, or cow manure) while planting.
Fenugreek Plant CareSoil - Use loamy and neutral soil for planting fenugreek.
Water – Give medium water, make sure the soil remains moist, and avoid overwatering.
Sunlight – Fenugreek (methi) prefers full sunlight but it can also grow in partial light.
Temperature - Fenugreek grows quickly in warm and mild climates and the best fenugreek growing temperature is 10-25°C.
Common pests and diseases - No insect bothers fenugreek plants except aphids. Powdery mildew, charcoal rot, and root rot are common diseases infecting fenugreek plants, which can cause leaf and plant drops. Try using neem oil or other insecticides to avoid these pests and diseases.
Fenugreek Harvesting Time
- Harvest the fenugreek leaves 30 to 45 days after planting.
- Cut the leaves with a scissor, the leaves will re-grow after 15 days of cutting.
- You can continue harvesting till the fenugreek plant starts flowering.
- If you want to harvest fenugreek seeds, you will have to wait until the plant bolt. Collect the seeds 3-5 months after planting; the seeds will develop into small pods and each pod will contain 15-17 seeds.
Fenugreek Plant Special Features
- Common name – Fenugreek, methi, (मेथी)
- Scientific name – Trigonella foenum-graecum
- Plant Height – 1 to 2 feet
- Growing level – Easy
- Fenugreek companion plants - Beans and cowpeas
Why are my fenugreek seeds not germinating?Fenugreek (methi) seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like insufficient sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over-watering, or under-watering.
Should I soak fenugreek seeds before planting?
Fenugreek seeds germinate faster by soaking but even without soaking, fenugreek seeds will germinate easily.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 20g
Net Quantity: 1500N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Fenugreek
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
very good quality seeds thanks for helping my teris gardening
Thank you for the review.
Neat n clean, overall nice product. Organic bazar means quality.
The germination rate is good, maybe 80-90%.