Desi Red Carrot Seeds (Desi Laal Gajar/ देशी लाल गाजर के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Desi Red Carrot seeds (Lal Gajar ke beej): 200 Seeds
- Sowing season: Rainy Season And Winter Season
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 cm deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 7 to 21 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15 to 26°C
- Harvesting: 10 to 12 week
- Root Color: Bright Red
- Root Length: 6 to 7 inches
- Plant vigor: medium size Red root with good taste
What size grow bag is best for Carrots?
Carrot growing season in IndiaYou can grow the carrot all season but it grows quickly in the winter and rainy seasons because carrots like wet soil and cold weather. June-July, and October-November is the best month for sowing carrot seeds.
Carrot seeds sowing methodYou can sow red carrot seed directly in any pot or grow bags (also you can start in seedling tray but avoid transplanting because it disturb their roots). Sow the seeds 1/4 inches deep in a Container soil or potting mix. It will be germinate in 1-2 week; during that period soil should be moist. Optimum soil temperature for germination of red carrot seeds is 24°C. Carrot red can easily grow in both soil and soilless medium.
Best potting mix with the soil:-Soil + organic manure + perlite, vermiculite or coco peat (in equal proportion)
Best potting mix without soil:-Coco peat + organic manure + perlite, vermiculite or coco peat (in equal proportion)
Carrot plant care and tipsSunlight – Carrot plants needs 6-8 hours of full sunlight.
Water – Red Carrot prefers average watering; avoid overwatering and give water when soil feels dry.
Soil – Use deep, sandy or well drained soil with 6-7 PH ranging.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for bright orange carrot plants is from 15-30 degree Celsius.
Fertilizer – Apply any organic fertilizer in carrot plants after 5-6 week of sowing; make sure the fertilizer that you have used should be low in nitrogen but high in phosphorous and potassium.
Common pests – Generally aphids and flea beetles found in carrot that can disturb the growth of plants. Use organic pesticide `Neem oil’ to avoid these pests from your carrot plants.
Carrot Red Harvest TimeRed Carrot are mature at around two and half months; before harvest check that your carrot have reached desired size or not by uprooting a couple of plants.
Carrot special features
- Common name – Lal Gajar (लाल गाजर)
- Plant Height – from 6 inches to 3 feet
- Level of grow – easy
- Root Color – Bright Red
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Desi_Red_Carrot
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Seeds are of good quality with good germination.
Thank you for sharing your positive review, C N Raghu! We're delighted to hear that our Desi Red Carrot Seeds provided you with good germination results. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and it encourages us to continue providing high-quality products