Cosmos Bright light Mix Seeds
- Seed quantity: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant/Direct
- Germination temperature: 18-25°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days from sowing
- Blooming Time: 50-60 days from sowing (summer to fall)
What size grow bag is best for Cosmos?
Cosmos Growing Season In IndiaCosmos flowers thrive in temperatures ranging from 70°F to 100°F (21°C to 37°C). They can withstand warm to hot conditions, making them suitable for many parts of India. In India, you can be sowing Cosmos seeds throughout the year. For the rainy season, initiate sowing in mid-June and proceed with transplanting by mid-July. During winter, start the sowing process in mid-September and aim for transplanting in mid-October. and For the Summer season, initiate sowing in February and proceed with transplanting by March.
How to grow cosmos In PotsYou can sow the cosmos seeds by seedling transplant method or direct in a pot or garden. The best time to sow cosmos seeds is when the soil temperature is around 15-25°C. Take a seedling tray and fill it with potting mix, or cocopeat also can sow seeds in coco-peat coins. Sow cosmos seeds ¼ inches deep in the sowing medium. Place the seedling tray in a bright spot until the seeds germinate. Water the soil gently and keep them moist. Cosmos seeds germinate in 7-14 days.
You can transplant the cosmos when they have a few true leaves. If you sow seeds indoors, you will need to harden off the seedling before transplanting.
Fertilizer For CosmosSince the cosmos is a low-maintenance plant, it does not require any special fertilizer requirements. In addition, too much fertilizer causes the plant to have a lot of leaves but fewer flowers.
Cosmos Care TipsSoil - Use moderately moist and well-drained soil. However, the cosmos can grow in poor or dry soil.
Water - Cosmos need daily watering until they are established, and when they are sufficiently large you can water the cosmos weekly or when the soil is dry.
Sunlight - Cosmos thrives in full sunlight and shade does not allow the plant to bloom successfully.
Temperature - The cosmos will not grow well in temperatures below 13°C and the best temperature for the cosmos to develop is 21–29°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests that inhibit cosmos plant growth when they are young and tender is slugs and snails. Bacterial wilt and powdery mildew are diseases that infect the plant. You can use neem oil to repel insects on cosmos plants.
Cosmos Blooming TimeTypically, the cosmos blooms in 50-60 days from sowing, and summer to fall is the time when it flowers.
Pruning Of Cosmos Plant
- You can cut off visible spent or discolored or dried flowers on the plant.
- If any unhealthy or brown stems appear on the cosmos plant, cut them off carefully by using a pruning tool
- You can prune your cosmos plant every few weeks.
Cosmos Special Feature
- Common name - Mexican aster, cosmos, cut-leaf cosmos, garden cosmos
- Scientific name - Cosmos sulphureus, Cosmos bipinnatus
- Height - About 6 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 85mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Cosmos
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
All seeds germinated in just less than week. Great results,cant wait my garden to be filled with flowers
value of money.. Almost all seeds germinated and the plants are healthy with beautiful flowers..
platform. But thanks to Organic Bazar.