Cornflower Dwarf Double Polka Dot Mix Seeds
- Seed quantity: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Growing Season: Winter Season
- Sowing method: Direct or Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 18-21°C
- Germination time: 7-10 days
- Flowering season: Spring, Summer, Autumn
What size grow bag is best for Cornflower?
When To Plant CornflowerCornflowers (Centaurea cyanus) thrive in temperatures between 60°F and 70°F (15°C to 24°C). they are best grown in India during the cool and mild winter season, typically from October to February.nflowers.
How To Grow Cornflower In PotsYou can sow the cornflower seeds directly in pots or by seedling transplant, but the direct method is recommended. Cornflower seeds germinate best at a temperature between 18-21°C. It is a dwarf variety so you can plant them in a 9-15 inches wide and deep pot or grow bag.
Cornflower Dwarf Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag and fill it with potting soil mix. Spread cornflower seeds on the soil and cover the seeds with ½ inch of soil mix. Keep the soil moist until germinating, it takes about 7-10 days to germinate.
Fertilizer Requirements For Cornflowers
- If you planted cornflowers in rich soil, they will not need fertilizer.
- But cornflowers planted in poor soil need to be fertilized monthly with a diluted liquid fertilizer such as cow manure, vermicompost, or neem cake.
Cornflower Plants Care TipsSoil - Use rich, fertile, and well-draining soil to plant cornflowers.
Water - Give 1 inch of water per week to the cornflower plants but do not allow the soil to dry out for long periods.
Sunlight - Cornflower grows best in 6-8 hours of sunlight. However, it can grow well in partial shade on summer days.
Temperature - Cornflower plants can tolerate light freeze and high temperatures. The best-growing temperature is between 15-26°C, but cornflowers may require a temperature of 29-35°C during flowering.
Common pests and diseases - Some pests such as aphids, and mealybugs inhibit cornflower plant growth, and diseases such as powdery mildew and spot infect the plant, especially during wet and humid conditions.
Cornflower Bloom Time
- Usually cornflower blooms in spring, summer, and fall. They bloom for about 10 weeks.
- Regular deadhead the spent flowers to encourage more blooms and extend the bloom periods.
Dwarf Cornflower Special Features
- Common Name - Cornflower, bachelor’s button
- Scientific Name - Centaurea cyanus
- Height - Upto 15 inches
- Level of Growing - Easy
Can you eat cornflower flowers?Cornflower plants produce edible flowers that have a mildly spicy flavor similar to cloves with a slight sweetness.
Do cornflowers come back year after year?Cornflower is an annual flowering plant that can reseed itself and come back next spring year.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 40mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Cornflower
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
The seeds were amazing I got a 100% germination rate and none of the seedlings died they all are healthyðŸ˜„ðŸ˜„ðŸ˜„ very happy and satisfied with the productðŸ˜ŠðŸ˜Š Thank you
Good quality... great packaging... everything was intact and without any damage...thanks for it...great product for low price...go for it people!