Celery Seeds (Ajmod/अजमोद के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Celery Seeds: 1000 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Winter Season
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inches
- Germination Time: 14 to 21 days
- Harvesting: 80-100 days from planting
- Germination Temperature: 15-21ºC
- Plant vigor: Bushy Plants, Numerous Side Branches
What size grow bag is best for Celery?
Celery Growing Season In IndiaCelery requires a long growing season and does not like frost and extremely high temperatures. The best time to sow celery seeds is from winter Season (October to February).
How To Grow Celery In PotsCelery is a cold-loving plant and does not like to be transplanted because its roots are delicate and transplants can damage it, so sowing celery seeds directly in pots/grow bags is the best option. Higher and lower temperatures can force celery to bolt (produce flowers and seeds) and affect their growth. The optimum soil temperature for celery seed germination is 15-21ºC.
Celery Seeds Sowing MethodChoose a container or grow bag, fill the soil and mix old compost, and then sow 2-3 celery seeds about 0.5 inches deep into the soil. Water deeply, keep the soil moist, and place the seedling in a sunny spot. It will take about 2-3 weeks for celery seeds to germinate so be patient and wait.
Best Fertilizer For Celery Plants
- Celery is a heavy feeder plant and it needs nutrients in the soil to grow rapidly.
- Add nutrient-rich fertilizer to the soil every 15 days during the growing season.
- You can also use organic fertilizer like liquid fish emulsion every 2 weeks.
Celery Plant Care TipsSoil – Celery does best in fertile, well-drained soil with high organic matter and slightly alkaline soil.
Water – Celery needs consistent moisture in the soil, give 1-2 inches of water every week and avoid overwatering.
Sunlight – The celery plant needs 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day in the cool season.
Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing celery is 10-25°C. The temperature should not fall below 10°C, otherwise, the plant will be starting bolts and extremely high temperatures also affect the growth of the celery plants.
Common pests and diseases – Flea beetles, slugs, and celery worms are some pests that attack celery plants, and major diseases such as celery leaf spot and brown spot infect the plants. The main reason for the infestation of insects is water logging in the soil and wetting of the leaves. To protect the celery plant from insects, spray neem oil on your plants.
How To Harvest Celery
- Celery is ready to harvest within 80-100 days from planting.
- The main parts of the celery that are edible are its stalks.
- Use sharp a scissor to harvest the celery stalks when they are up to 8 inches.
Celery Plants Special Features
- Common Name – Celeriac, root celery, celery, and Chinese celery
- Scientific Name – Apium graveolens
- Height – 18 to 24 inches
- Level Of Growing – Moderate
Is celery and ajwain plant the same?
No, most people think that celery is actually called Ajwain; but it is not, Celery and Ajwain (carom) are totally different; Celery is stronger than Ajwain and its taste is also different.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 25mg
Net Quantity: 500N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Celery
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Really worth it. Must buy product.
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback.
Very good germination rate.
Very good product. With good packaging and manual