Carrot Orange Hybrid Seeds (Gajar/गाजर के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Carrot seeds (gajar ke beej): 400 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Winter, Fall, Rainy
- Sowing Method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inches
- Germination temperature: 15 to 26°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 21 days
- Harvesting: 55 days
- Root Color: Bright Orange
- Plant vigor: medium size orange root with good taste
What size grow bag is best for Carrots?
Orange Carrot growing season in IndiaYou can grow the carrot all season but it grows quickly in the winter and rainy seasons because carrots like wet soil and cold weather. February-March, June-July, and October-November is the best month for sowing carrot orange hybrid seeds.
How To Grow Orange Carrot In PotsCarrot seeds should be sown directly into final pots or grow bags because they may not grow well with transplants. The optimum soil temperature for the germination of carrot seeds is 15-26°C.
Best potting mix with the soil:-Soil + organic manure + perlite, vermiculite, or coco peat (in equal proportion)
Best potting mix without soil:-Coco peat + organic manure + perlite, vermiculite, or coco peat (in equal proportion)
Orange Carrot seeds sowing methodSow the carrot seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the potting mix at a distance of 2-3 inches from each seed. Give water gently, keep the soil moist and keep the seedlings in a sunny spot. Carrot seeds will germinate in 7-14 days. When the orange carrot plant is a few inches tall, thin it to 2-3 inches and remove the weak plants to maintain the required distance.
When To Fertilize Orange CarrotApply any organic fertilizer to carrot plants after 4-5 weeks of sowing; make sure the fertilizer that you have used should be low in nitrogen but high in phosphorous and potassium because excess nitrogen in the soil will encourage foliage growth and not carrots.
Orange Carrot Plant Care TipsSoil – Carrot grows quickly in sandy, well-drained, and loose soil with 6-7 ph.
Sunlight – Orange Carrot plants need 6-8 hours of full sunlight daily.
Water – Carrot prefers average watering; avoid overwatering and give water when the soil feels dry.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for orange carrot plants is from 15-21°C.
Common pests and disease – Generally aphids and flea beetles are found in carrots that can disturb the growth of plants. Leaf blight is a common leaf disease of carrots. Use neem oil to avoid these pests from your carrot plants.
Orange Carrot Harvest Time
- The harvest time of carrots depends on the variety of carrots you have chosen.
- This variety of orange carrots takes about 55 days to mature.
- Before harvesting, check that your carrots have reached the desired size and then pull them gently.
Carrot Special Features
- Common name – Gajar (गाजर)
- Scientific name - Daucus carota
- Plant height – 6 to 12 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
Why are my carrot seeds not germinating?Carrot seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or underwatering.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 60mg
Net Quantity: 400N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Carrot Orange
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
All are smilingly growing in my garden.. but make sure that they get full sunlight
Thank you for the review
Best and good colaty
Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your support.
Almost all seeds germinated, recommended.
Nice product 100% result found