Carnation Mix Seeds
- Number of Carnation Mix Seeds: 50 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: Winter Season
- Sowing method: Direct or Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 18-23°C
- Germination time: 7 to 14 days
- Blooming time: Late spring to summer (March to June)
What size grow bag is best for Carnation?
When To Sow Carnation Flower SeedsCarnations can be grown in India during the cool season, from November to February in many regions, with potential flowering extending into spring in milder climates. Avoid planting during the monsoon season to prevent issues with excess moisture.
How To Grow Carnation FlowerCarnation grows well both by direct sowing or seedling transplanting method. Sow the seeds when the soil temperature is 18-23°C for faster germination. You can use a pot or grow bag at least 9 to 15 inches wide and deep for planting carnations.
Carnation Mix Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray and fill it with a potting mix, you can also make your own potting mix by mixing 20% cocopeat, 30% vermicompost, 30% normal soil, and 20% sand. Sprinkle the carnation seeds in the soil and cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil. Place the seedling tray in a sunny spot. Water the soil gently through a watering can. and keep them moist until germination; carnation seeds can germinate in about 7 to 14 days.
After seed germination when carnation seedlings have a few true leaves, you can transplant them into final pots or grow bags. Remember, plant only 1-2 seedlings in each 9 inches pot for healthy growth. Keep the soil moist and place the pot in partial sunlight for a few days after transplanting to protect the seedling from transplant shock. After 3 days, keep the pot in full sunlight.
Carnation Fertilizers Requirement
- Add organic fertilizer (Vermicompost or Cow manure) to the carnation plant during planting.
- Further, apply a liquid potash-rich fertilizer every 4-8 weeks to promote flowering. You can use this in late spring.
Carnation Flowers Care TipsSoil - Use good-drained, fertile, alkaline soil to plant carnations.
Water - Carnation plants are drought tolerant but usually, they need regular watering when flower buds are forming and during summers. Water the soil at the base of the plant and do not overwater the soil.
Sunlight - Carnation can grow in full sunlight or partial shade but for best results, place the pot in an area that receives full sunlight in the morning and some partial shade during the afternoon.
Temperature - Carnation flower plants grow best in temperatures between 10-24°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as Aphids, thrips, and caterpillars inhibit the growth of the carnation plants. You can use neem oil on the plant to eliminate these insects. In addition, some fungal diseases form on leaves, so it is best to cut off infected leaves to avoid spreading these fungal diseases.
When Do Carnations Bloom?
- Dianthus or carnation blooms from late spring to summer (March to June). But the fact is that most carnations do not bloom in their first year, they produce flowers in the second year.
- Once the carnations begin to flower, you can cut them and place them in a vase of water, the carnations can stay fresh for 2-3 weeks.
- The flowers are toxic to dogs and cats, so keep the flower away from them.
Carnations Special Features
- Common name - Carnation, clove pink, flower of the gods
- Scientific name - Dianthus caryophyllus
- Height - 12 to 31 inches
- Level of growing - Moderate
- Companion planting - Portulaca, Alyssum, Dusty Miller
How do you keep carnations blooming?Deadheading is essential for carnation flowering plants; it will keep the plant healthy and encourage more blooms and will help extend the blooming season.
Why are my carnation plants dying?The main reason why carnation plants die is excessive water in the soil, if you are facing this problem then do not overwater and use soil with good drainage.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 10mg
Net Quantity: 50N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Carnation
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I am fully satisfied with the products.
Quality of seeds are good.
I never had success with carnation seeds. But these seeds germinated without any issue.
Good for value and awesome product.