Capsicum Orange (OP) Seeds (Naarangi Shimla Mirch/नारंगी शिमला मिर्च के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Orange Capsicum seeds (Shimla Mirch ke beej): 20 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing Method: Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 18-30°C
- Germination Time: 6 to 10 days from sowing
- Harvesting: 60 to 70 days from transplanting
- Plant vigor: Strong plant with short internodes
What size grow bag is best for Capsicum?
Orange Capsicum Growing Season In IndiaThe Capsicum plant can grow throughout the year in any season. it is generally prefers a temperature range of 18-30°C for optimal growth. The main growing seasons are summer (Februry – April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to october), with variations depending on local conditions.
How To Grow Orange Capsicum From Seeds At HomeOrange capsicum seeds are sown in a seedling tray and then transplanted after seed germination is the ideal method for all capsicum. Select a seedling tray up to 3 inches deep and a big pot or grow bag 12-15 inches deep and wide. Orange capsicum is a warm-loving plant so make sure to sow the capsicum orange seeds when the soil temperature is 18-30°C.
Best Potting Soil For Growing Capsicum In A Container
- Use potting soil with good organic matter (peat moss/coco peat, vermicompost, and perlite or sand)
- Prepare your own potting mix by adding peat moss/coco peat, vermicompost/sand, organic manure, and neem cake (neem cake will protect the plant from harmful soil diseases and pests).
Capsicum Orange Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a seedling tray or small size pot, fill it with growing medium, and spread the orange capsicum seeds on it, then cover a thin layer of soil above the seeds. Give light water or sprinkle some water through the watering sprayer. Keep the seedling tray in a warm location but do not give direct sunlight till the seeds germinate and keep the soil moist. Orange capsicum seeds will germinate within 6-10 days (depending on growing conditions).
After germination of capsicum orange seeds, when seedlings are 3-4 inches in height at that time transplant them into individual pots and plant only 2-3 saplings per pot.
When To Fertilize Capsicum Orange
- Mix any natural homemade fertilizer such as tea compost, fruit, and vegetable compost every month to increase the nutrient level in the soil.
- Avoid using too much nitrogen fertilizer because nitrogen promotes foliage and decreases fruit production.
- You can also spray Epsom salt with water which will improve the yields of plants.
Orange Capsicum Plant Care TipsSoil – You can use loose, fertile, well-drained soil for capsicum and choose moist soil during germination periods because it increases the growing speed of capsicum.
Water – On summer days, the capsicum needs regular water and during the winter or rainy season, give water once in 2-3 days.
Sunlight – Capsicum needs 6-8 hours of direct sunlight for the better growth of plants.
Temperature – Ideal Capsicum growing temperature is 21-32 degrees Celsius temperature; the maximum temperature of capsicum is 35 °C and the minimum is 10 °C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as whitefly, aphids, and spider mites attack plants and eat their leaves. And diseases like bacterial wilt, powdery mildew, and root rot infect capsicum plants. To avoid these insects or get rid of the disease, use organic insecticide neem oil.
Harvesting Of Capsicum Orange
- Within 40 days from transplanting, the orange capsicum plant starts flowering and the fruit should be visible within 5-10 days after pollination.
- Orange capsicum will be ready to harvest about 60-70 days after transplanting.
- Harvest the orange capsicum when they grow the full size and look firm and shiny.
Orange Capsicum Special Features
- Common name - Bell pepper, Sweet pepper, and Shimla Mirch (शिमला मिर्च)
- Scientific name - Capsicum Annum
- Height - 3 to 6 feet
- Flower color - White
- Level of growing – Easy
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 12mg
Net Quantity: 20N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Capsicum-Orange
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I purchased this seed 3 months ago, Germination is too easy and quick that am not expected, Recently fruit came on it and looks very pretty, Go for it without any hesitation.