Broccoli Dark Green F1 Hybrid Seeds (Hari Gobhi/हरी गोभी/ब्रोकली के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Dark Green Broccoli (Hari gobhi) Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing Season: Spring and Winter
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inches
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 12-24°C
- Harvesting: 60-70 days after seeds germination
What size grow bag is best for Broccoli (Hari gobhi)?
Broccoli Growing Season In IndiaBroccoli is a cool-season vegetable and grows well in either spring or winter; the best month to sow the broccoli seeds are from January to February or September-November. Green Broccoli not forming heads or bolting is the result of growing broccoli in summer so avoid planting on hot days.
How To Grow Broccoli In PotsSow broccoli f1 hybrid seeds in seedling trays and then transplant them into pots or grow bags; this is what every gardener usually does. The optimum temperature for the germination of broccoli seeds is 12-24°C.
Broccoli Seeds Sowing MethodSow broccoli seeds in a seedling tray about 0.5 inches deep with coco peat, coco peat coins, or potting mix. Cabbage seeds are very small in size so avoid sowing them too deep and sow only 2 cabbage seeds per cell/cup of seedling tray. Water the seedling deeply but avoid overwatering. Broccoli does not need direct light to germinate so place the tray on a sunny windowsill. It will take about 6-14 days for broccoli seeds to germinate.
A few days after broccoli seeds germinate, when the shoots are about 4-5 inches tall and have grown at least 3-4 sets of leaves; then transplant them into big pots or grow bags.
Best Fertilizer For BroccoliBroccoli plants are heavy feeders and grow rapidly with a dose of fertilizer; Add a low nitrogen fertilizer to the plant every 2-3 weeks.
Broccoli Plants Care TipsSoil – Use well-drained, fertile soil to plant broccoli.
Water – Broccoli does not require much water; give 1-2 inches of water in a week.
Sunlight – Broccoli needs at least 6 hours of full sunlight also it can tolerate partial shade but will slow maturity.
Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing broccoli plants is 16-27°C.
Common pests and diseases – Usually pests like cabbageworm, cabbage root maggot, and aphids are found in broccoli plants. Broccoli plant is infected by some diseases like a white spot or leaf spot, black rot, downy mildew, clubroot, and blackleg, etc; treat your plant immediately with the organic pesticide Neem oil.
When To Harvest Broccoli?
- In about 60-70 days after seeds germination, broccoli is ready to harvest.
- You can harvest multiple times before the summer hot days arrive.
- Harvest the main head when it is 6 inches in diameter; it will be the first harvestable part of your broccoli.
- After harvesting the main head, the broccoli plant produces a good amount of side shoots called florets, this is basically small or baby heads of broccoli. Cut the side shoots for several weeks and use them as normal broccoli.
Broccoli Special Features
- Common name – Green broccoli
- Scientific name – Brassica oleracea var. italica
- Height – 18 to 30 inches
- Level of growing – Easy
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Broccoli_Dark_Green
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001