Bottle Gourd Long Dark Green With (Spots) F1 Hybrid Seeds (Lambi Lauki/ Ghiya/ लंबी लौकी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Bottle Gourd Long With Dark Spot Seeds: 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year (All seasons)
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 1 inch
- Germination Time: 8 to 14 days
- Germination temperature: 20-25ºC
- Harvesting: 8 to 12 week
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Bottle Gourd?
Bottle Gourd Long Growing Season In IndiaBottle gourd can be grown year-round in India. The main growing seasons are summer (Februry – April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to october), with variations depending on local conditions.
How To Grow Long Bottle GourdThe direct sowing method is best for planting bottle gourd in any container. The ideal Germination temperature for a long bottle of gourd seeds is 20-25ºC. Give proper water and sunlight to the Bottle gourd so that the plants can get good results.
Bottle Gourd Long Seeds Sowing MethodSow long Bottle gourd seeds about 1 inch deep in the soil at a distance of 12-24 inches between two plants. Gently water the soil and keep the soil evenly moist till the seeds germinate. Bottle gourd seeds will take about 8 to 14 days to germinate.
Long Bottle Gourd Fertilize Requirements
- Apply any slow-release fertilizer (such as vermicompost, cow manure, neem cake, or mustard cake) at the time of bottle gourd planting.
- Feed the bottle gourd plants with liquid fertilizer once a month during the flowering time to increase flowers.
Long Bottle Gourd Plant Care TipsSunlight – The bottle gourd needs at least 8 hours of full sunlight every day.
Water – Give water regularly on summer days and keep moist the soil.
Soil – Use well-drained, loamy and rich organic matter soil with PH 6.5-7.5.
Temperature – The bottle gourd's optimum growing temperature is between 24 to 35ºC and the minimum temperature is 18ºC.
Common pests and diseases – Aphids, cucumber beetles, cutworms, leaf miners, and squash bugs can attack bottle-gourd plants. Bacteria wilt and downy mildew are infected gourd plants. Look for early signs of fungal, insect, or other infections and spray neem oil to cure these symptoms.
Bottle Gourd Flowering Time And PollinationClimber Bottle gourd will start to flower after 50-60 days from seed sowing, the male flower will appear first and the female will begin with small fruit. All types of bottle gourd are cross-pollinated; especially bees will pollinate the flowers. But sometimes it may be a problem in pollination because bees or insects are less active during the monsoon season. In such a case, hand pollination can work.
Bottle Gourd Long Harvest Time
- Bottle gourd will take about 2 months to harvest after seed sowing.
- Bottle gourd should be harvested when the fruit becomes a light green color.
Long Bottle Gourd Special Features
- Common name – Lauki (Dhari Type) and ghiya (in Hindi)
- Scientific name – Cucurbitaceae
- Flower color – White and yellow
- Level of growing – Easy
- Height – 10 to 12 feet as a vine
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1.80g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Bottle-Gourd-Avinash-Iv
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Hello iam Atul mishra from raipur chhattisgarh i have growN this variety In my kitchen garden the Fruit is very tastY very soft fruit fruit is size very good Very high yielding variety
Thank you, Atul Mishra, for sharing your positive experience with this lauki variety in your kitchen garden. It's great to hear that the fruit is tasty, soft, of good size, and that it's a high-yielding variety. Your feedback is appreciated and may be helpful for other gardeners in your region.
Excellent product happy to purchase