Bitter Gourd Small (Chhota Karela) F1 Hybrid Seeds (करेला के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Small Bitter Gourd seeds (Chhota karele ke beej): 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 1 inch
- Germination temperature: 25-32°C
- Germination Time: 8 to 12 days from sowing
- Harvesting: 8 to 10 weeks
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Bitter Gourd?
Bitter Gourd Growing Season In IndiaThe bitter gourd plant can grow throughout the year in any season but needs a warm and humid climate to grow well. it is generally prefers a temperature range of 25-32°C for optimal growth. The main growing seasons are summer (Februry – April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to october), with variations depending on local conditions.
How To Grow Bitter Gourd In PotsThe direct sowing method is best for planting small bitter gourds in any container. Sow bitter gourd small hybrid seeds about 1 inch deep in the soil at a distance of 6-7 inches between two plants. Gently water the soil and keep the soil evenly moist till the seeds germinate. Seeds will take about 8 to 12 days to germinate in the best soil temperature of 25-32℃.
Bitter Gourd Fertilize Requirements
- Apply any slow-release fertilizer (such as vermicompost, cow manure, neem cake, or mustard cake) at the time of small bitter gourd planting.
- Feed the hybrid small bitter gourd plants with liquid fertilizer once a month during the flowering time to increase flowers.
Small Bitter Gourd Plant Care TipsWater - Keep soil moist and gently water the soil during the morning or evening when the soil feels dry to the touch.
Soil - Use loamy and rich organic matter soil to plant bitter gourd.
Sunlight - Bitter gourd prefers 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
Temperature - Ideal temperature for growing bitter gourd plant is 25-38℃.
Common pests and disease - Some pests like Mexican bean beetles, and mites can attack the bitter gourd plants. Powdery mildew and downy mildew is the main disease that infected bitter gourd plant. To get rid of this problem, it would be right to spray neem oil on the bitter gourd plant from time to time.
Small Bitter Gourd Harvest Time
- After 1 month from seed sowing bitter gourd starts flowering, the male flowers appear first and the female will begin with small fruit. Bitter gourd is cross-pollinated; especially bees will pollinate the flowers.
- Plants start bearing fruits within 55 to 70 days of sowing bitter gourd seeds
Bitter Gourd Plant Special Features
- Common name – Bitter melon, balsam pear, Chhota karela (छोटा करेला)
- Scientific name - Momordica charantia
- Height – 6 to 10 feet
- Flower color – Yellow
- Grow level - Easy
Do bitter gourd plants need support?For vertical growth of the bitter gourd plant, it needs support like pipe, bamboo, rope, or wires for producing more fruit.
Why are my bitter gourd seeds not germinating?Bitter gourd seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like insufficient sunlight, overwatering, or under-watering.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1.90g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Bitter-Gourd-Small
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Very happy to your products
Thank you, Govardhani, for sharing your review!
Very Happy with the germination rate. Recommend it.
Nice product, very good germination.