Bitter Gourd F1 Chu-Chu Hybrid Seeds (Karela/ करेला के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Bitter Gourd F1 Chu-chu Hybrid Seeds: 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Direct
- Germination temperature: 25-32°C
- Germination Time: 8 to 12 days
- Harvesting: 55 to 70 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Bitter Gourd?
Bitter Gourd Chu-Chu Growing Season In IndiaThe bitter gourd plant can grow throughout the year in any season but needs a warm and humid climate to grow well. it is generally prefers a temperature range of 25-32°C for optimal growth. The main growing seasons are summer (Februry – April), monsoon (June to July), and post-monsoon/autumn (September to october), with variations depending on local conditions.
How To Grow Bitter GourdThe direct sowing method is best for planting bitter gourd in any container. The best size of the pot/grow bag is 15-24 inches in height and width for faster growth of the bitter gourd plant. Bitter gourd Chu-Chu hybrid seeds are usually hard so you can soak the seeds which will help you to germinate fast but can direct sowing seeds and keep the soil moist for quick germination. Before watering the bitter gourd plant, check that the soil is dry because bitter gourd is a vegetable grown in the summer season, so it is necessary to water it from time to time.
Bitter Gourd Chu-Chu Hybrid Seeds Sowing MethodSown bitter gourd f1 Chu-Chu hybrid seeds about 1 inch deep in the soil at a distance of 6-7 inches between two plants. Gently water the soil and keep the soil evenly moist till the seeds germinate. Seeds will take about 8 to 12 days to germinate in the best soil temperature of 25 to 32℃.
Bitter Gourd Fertilizer Requirements
- Apply any slow-release fertilizer (such as vermicompost, cow manure, neem cake, or mustard cake) at the time of bitter gourd planting.
- Feed the Chu-Chu hybrid bitter gourd plants with liquid fertilizer once a month during the flowering time to increase flowers.
How To Make Support For Bitter GourdBitter gourd f1 Chu-Chu is a vine plant and grows very tall so you need to develop strong trellis support (6-7 feet) by using materials like pipes, creeper net, bamboo, ropes, wires, etc, when the plant reaches about 2-3 inches long and has few leaves. Trellis helps to grow bitter gourd vines vertically which makes the plant grow well and helps in producing good fruits.
Bitter Gourd (Chu-Chu) Plant Care TipsWater – Keep soil moist and gently water the soil during the morning or evening when the soil feels dry to the touch.
Soil – To get the best results for bitter gourd plants, use loamy and rich organic matter soil.
Sunlight – Bitter gourd prefers a warm climate; so keep the plant in such a place, where it gets 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily.
Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing bitter gourd plants is 20-38°C.
Common pests and disease – Some pests like Mexican bean beetles, and mites can attack the bitter gourd plants. Powdery mildew and downy mildew is the main disease that infected bitter gourd plant. To get rid of this problem, it would be right to spray neem oil on the bitter gourd plant from time to time.
Bitter Gourd Harvest Time
- Plants start bearing fruits within 55 to 70 days of sowing bitter gourd seeds.
- Bitter gourds of dark green color whose length is 4-5 inches can be harvested.
Bitter Gourd Plant Special Features
- Common name – Bitter melon, balsam pear, karela (in Hindi)
- Scientific name – Momordica charantia
- Height – 6 to 10 feet
- Flower color – Yellow
- Grow level – Easy
- Companion plant – Beans, corn, peas, and pumpkin
Why are my bitter gourd leaves getting wilting?Overwatering is the main reason behind wilting; so avoid overwatering and keep the soil moist.
Why are my bitter gourd seeds not germinating?Bitter gourd seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like insufficient sunlight, overwatering, or underwatering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1.90g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Bitter-Gourd-Chu-Chu-415
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
This item was very good whole season I eat it and still have one plant giving fruits.
Thank you, Kamayani Verma, for your positive review of our Bitter Gourd F1 Chu-Chu Hybrid Seeds! We're delighted to hear that the item was 'too good' and provided you with a whole season of delicious produce. It's wonderful to know that you still have one plant giving fruits.
Good germination rate
Good germination rate of the vegetable seeds.
First time I bought this, it came in proper cover.