Beetroot (chukandar) Seeds (चुकंदर के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Beetroot seeds (chukandar ke bij): 100 Seeds
- Growing season: Spring, Winter, or Fall
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 6 to 14 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Harvesting: 50-80 days from planting
- Plant vigor: Strong plant Root
What size grow bag is best for Beetroot?
Beetroot Growing Season In IndiaBeetroot is a cool-weather vegetable so you can sow the beetroot seeds in early spring, winter, or fall. The best month for planting beetroot is September to February.
How To Grow Beetroot In PotsBeetroot seeds should be sown directly into final pots or grow bags because it is root vegetable and cannot grow well with transplants. Avoid planting beets in an area where Swiss chard and spinach were previously sown. Select a pot or grow bags (18-24 and 6-12 inches wide and deep) with well drainage holes. The optimum temperature for the germination of beetroot seeds is 15-25°C.
Beetroot Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot or grow bag fill them with potting mix, and sow the beetroot seeds about 0.5 inches deep in the potting mix at a distance of 2-3 inches from each seed. Keep the soil moist and place the beetroot seedlings in a sunny spot. Beetroot seeds will germinate in 6-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Best Fertilizers For Beetroot Plant
- While planting beetroot, mix organic fertilizer such as vermicompost, cow manure, or neem cake in the potting soil.
- Avoid adding too much nitrogen-rich fertilizer.
- Use water-soluble fertilizer during the growing time every 2 weeks.
Beetroot Plants Care TipsSoil – For planting beetroot, use well-drained and fertile soil with ph 6.5 to 7.5
Sunlight – Beetroot prefers 6-8 hours of full sunlight but it can grow easily in a shady area.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for beetroot is 10-30°C.
Water – Watered once a week or water should be done when soil becomes dry.
Common pests and diseases – Pests that attack the plants are flea beetles, leaf hoppers, and Mexican bean beetle. Cucumber mosaic virus, leaf spot infects the beetroot plants; use organic insecticide neem oil to avoid these insects and stay free from diseases.
Beetroot Harvesting Time
- Beetroot will be ready to harvest within 50-80 days.
- Harvest the roots when they are golf ball-shaped or larger.
- You can cut the beetroot greens at any time.
Beetroot Special Features
- Common name – Beet, Chukandar, and garden beet, चुकंदर
- Scientific name – Beta vulgaris
- Height – 12 to 18 inches
- Companion planting – Bush bean and onion
How long does it take to grow beetroot?Most varieties of beet take 50-80 days to mature.
How long does it take beetroot to sprout?Beetroot seeds will germinate in 6-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Can you eat beetroot leaves?Yes, beetroot leaves can be eaten raw or added to salads and can be eaten cooked too.
Can I grow beetroot in pots?Beetroots can quickly grow in pots or grow bags but make sure the size is at least 18 inches wide and 6 inches deep.
Why are my beetroot seeds not germinating?Beetroot seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 2.50g
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Beetroot
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Best and good quality
Thanks for the review
This product is very good an very testy I m so very happy
Thankyou for the review.
Description about the product is very useful.good seeds packing and germination rate
Thank you for the wonderful review.
yield is solely on you
underground crops need diff care than leafy
ist time grower, please also consume leaves otherwise u may regret
price is a little high to local
please master local seeds first
overall 6.7 out of 10
Beetroot seeds was really good germinated within a week thanks for the the product