Cucumber is a widely-cultivated creeping vine plant in the Cucurbitaceae family. It contain Vitamin A, C, K and rich in magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, copper, zinc and many other nutrients and minerals. Cucumber are made up of around 95% water, during summer cucumbers make a great way to stay hydrated. You can easily grow cucumber plant in your home garden or terrace garden. Buy good quality Cucumber (Kheera) Hybrid Seeds best price in India from www.organicbazar.net with a Good Germination rate.
About this item
- Number of Cucumber (kheera) Seeds: 20 Seeds
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 inch deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 15-21°C
- Harvesting: 7 to 8 weeks
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Cucumber?
Cucumber Seeds sowing method
You can sow cucumber seed (kheera seeds) directly in any pots or grow bags in about 0.5 inch deep in well composted soil; water the cucumber seed with a water can; seeds will be germinate about 6-10 days. Keep the container in a sunny spot because cucumber needs full sunlight for better growth.
Cucumber Growing Season in India
You can grow cucumber in summer season (February to June) because it is hot weather plant. Cucumber plant grows quickly in hot climate and we can expect the good result in this season.
Cucumber Plant Care Tips
Sunlight – Cucumber prefer 6- 8 hours of full sunlight.
Water – Give 1 inch of water per week and keep the soil consistently moist. Inadequate or inconsistent moisture will be the reason of poor taste of cucumber fruits and oddly shaped.
Soil – Use fertile, well drained soil for growing cucumber plant and soil should be neutral or slightly alkaline with PH 7.0.
Temperature – Cucumber plant grows best at temperatures between 21-32 degree Celsius.
Fertilizer – You can apply directly liquid fertilizer to soil around plant stem in every 2 week or you can use slow release fertilizer in soil when you plant cucumber fruit.
Common pests – Pests that attack the cucumber fruit are whiteflies and cucumber beetles. Powdery mildew, root rot and bacterial wilt are the common disease on cucumber plants. If you are facing this problem use organic pesticide Neem oil.
Cucumber Harvest Time
- Within 50-60 day from sowing cucumber will ready for harvest.
- Regular harvest when cucumber about 2-6 inches long (according to varieties).
- Pick cucumber before their seeds become hard and are eaten when cucumber immature and do not let them get yellow if you don’t pick mature cucumber then they will stop producing cucumber.
- Don’t left any cucumber fruit on the vine for too long.
- A cucumber is of highest quality when it is uniformly green, crispy and firm.
- Harvest of cucumber fruits can continue for 3 months.
Cucumber special features
- Common name – Kheera, kakdi, खीरा
- Scientific name – Cucumis Sativus
- Level of grow – Easy
- Flower colour – Yellow
- Height – 3 to 12 feet (depending on variety)
- Spread – 10 feet (vine) and 1-3 feet (bush)
Why are my cucumber seeds not germinating?
Cucumber seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Why my cucumber getting wilting?
Overwatering is the main reason behind wilting; so avoid overwatering and keep the soil moist.
Where is the best place to plant cucumber?
Balcony and terrace are the best option to plant cucumber fruit because it needs full light.
Does cucumber plant need support?
Bush varieties of cucumber are compact and don’t need a support but vining cucumber plants need some support like pipe, bamboo, rope, creeper net or wires because vine cucumber producing more fruit and they require more space to grow.
|Country of Origin||India|
|Manufacturer||HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
|Consumer Care||Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Consumer Care Address||P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001|