Thyme Seeds (Ajwain ke Phool/थाइम/अजवाइन के फूल के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Thyme Seeds: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Winter Season
- Sowing method: Seedling
- Seeds Sowing depth – 1/4 inches (0.5cm)
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Germination Time: 14 to 28 days from sowing
- Sowing distance: 12-24 inches apart
- Harvest: 60 days from planting
- Edible part: Leaves
What size grow bag is best for Thyme?
Thyme Growing Season In IndiaThyme is best planted during the cooler seasons, which are from late September to early November and then again from late January to early February in most regions of India. These periods provide the milder temperatures that thyme prefers for optimal growth.
How To Grow Thyme In PotsThyme seeds can be sown directly into any pot or transplanted, but transplanting is recommended by most gardeners. To plant thyme, you need a pot or grow bag of at least 12- 24 inches wide and 12-15 inches deep with well-draining holes. You can sow thyme seeds either indoors or outdoors in warm climates and the optimum temperature for seed germination is between 15-25°C.
Thyme Seeds Sowing MethodSelect a seedling tray or small-sized pot (up to 5 inches deep), fill it with a growing medium such as coco peat or perlite, and spread the thyme seeds over it, then cover with a thin layer of soil over the seeds. Water gently and keep the soil moist. Place the seedling tray in a dark place for the seeds to germinate. Thyme seeds germinate in about 2-4 weeks. After the seeds have germinated, when the plant reaches 3-4 inches tall, you can transplant it into larger pots or grow bags. Spacing should be maintained during planting as thyme requires air circulation, especially in hot or humid conditions. Thyme should be planted in a large pot about 12-24 inches apart.
Best Fertilizer For Thyme PlantsThyme plants don't require additional fertilizer, just apply a diluted all-purpose fertilizer (such as mustard cake and vermicompost) every spring.
Thyme Plants CareSoil - Use well-draining, sandy, and loamy soil for planting thyme. It is a drought-resistant herb, so it hates wet conditions and performs best in soils with low nutrients. Remember that thyme should not be planted in rich, and moist soil.
Water - Since thyme is a drought-resistant plant, water only when the soil is completely dry, too much water can cause fungal diseases and root rot.
Sunlight - Thyme thrives in full sunlight in a sunny location which should be at least 6-8 hours. However, it can tolerate a hot climate. You can also grow thyme indoors on a sunny windowsill.
Temperature - Thyme plants grow best in air temperatures between 18-30°c.
Common pests and diseases - Thyme plants are not infected with any serious problems, but the plants usually suffer from root rot which is caused by moist soil conditions or overwatering.
Pruning - To keep the thyme plants well-shaped and encourage new growth, prune your thyme plants every spring and summer.
Mulching - Mulching is a good option to protect the thyme plant from the cold climate, for mulching add 2-3 inches of dry leaves, straw, grass, etc. on the soil. You can also keep your thyme pots indoors in winter.
Harvest Of Thyme Leaves
- Thyme becomes ready for harvesting within 2 months of planting. However, you can harvest the leaves once the plants are established.
- You can cut the leaves with a scissor as needed.
- Regular harvesting will encourage more leaves.
- Cut off the young and top leaves before the plant flowers for delicious flavor.
Thyme Plants Special Features
- Common name - Thyme, and common thyme
- Scientific name - Thymus vulgaris
- Height - 6 to 12 inches
- Companion planting - Cabbage and Tomatoes
- Flowers color - Purple, pink, or white
- Level of growing - Easy
Does thyme come back every year?Thyme is a perennial herb that comes back every year and easily lasts for 3-5 years or more.
Why are my thyme seeds not germinating?Thyme seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 5mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Thyme
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Good quality seeds for germination. Also provide good packing.
Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your positive feedback.
100% germination rate.