Sweet Corn (Makka) F1 Hybrid Seeds (मक्का के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Sweet corn seeds (Makka ke beej): 25 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Summer and Rainy
- Sowing method: Direct
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5-1 inch deep
- Germination temperature: 20-30°C
- Germination Time: 6 to 10 days
- Harvesting: 80-100 days
What size grow bag is best for Sweet corn?
Sweet Corn Growing Season In IndiaSweet corn grows best in warm climates and may not survive in cooler climates. You can sow sweet corn seeds during the summer and rainy seasons (March-September), although winter is also a good time to plant corn in South India.
How To Grow Sweet Corn At HomeThe direct sowing method is best for sowing corn seeds as corn does not grow well with the transplant. Sweet corn seeds germinate best in a soil temperature of 20-30°C. Take a big pot or grow bag and sow the sweet corn seeds about 0.5-1 inch deep in the soil and planting corn spacing is 4-6 inches from each seed. Give water to the potted seeds through a watering can, the seeds will be germinated within 6-10 days.
Fertilizer For Sweet Corn
- Sweet corn fertilizer recommendations aren't very high; Add any aged manure or organic fertilizer to your sweet corn plants every few weeks.
Sweet Corn Plant Care TipsSunlight – Sweet Corn prefers 6-8 hours of full sunlight every day.
Water – Give regular water to your sweet corn plant during summer days and give water every alternate day in the winter season.
Soil – Corn plants will grow best in well-drained soil, fertile and loamy soil.
Temperature – The ideal growing temperature for sweet corn plants is 21-32°C.
Common pests and diseases – Some pests like a snail, aphids, and earworm attack the corn plants, and some diseases that can affect your sweet corn plants are grey leaf spots, rust, downy mildew, ear rot, and many others. Look for the early sign of fungal, insect, or other infections, and spray organic pesticide neem oil to cure these symptoms.
Sweet Corn Flowering And Harvest Time
- Within 2 months the corn plants start to give flowers, They are typically pollinated by wind but some corn is cross-pollinated.
- Sweet corn is ready to harvest after 80-100 days of seed sowing.
- Harvest the sweet corn when the ears of the corn turn dark green, the silks turn brown and dried and the kernels are soft.
- Early morning and evening is the best time to cut the sweet corn when the temperature is cool.
Sweet Corn Special Features
- Common name – sugar corn, Indian corn, maize, Sweet corn (स्वीट कॉर्न)
- Scientific name – Zea mays
- Height – Above 8 feet
- Flower color – White and Yellow
- Level of growth – Easy
Why are my corn seeds not germinating?
Corn seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or underwatering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 3g
Net Quantity: 25N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : sweet corn
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Value for money
Thank you for the review.
You people have really high quality seeds fast germination power .Seeds are good no doubt but you have taken so much time to dilever it.
Seeds were delivered on time. Planted directly on soil and germinated within 1 week. Plants were healthy. Harvest was in 11-12 weeks. Corn was very tasty. Genuine sweet corn.