Sunflower Tall Yellow Seeds (Surajmukhi/सूरजमुखी के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Tall Yellow Sunflower Seeds: 20 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: Spring to summer (January to June)
- Sowing method: Direct in pot/grow bag or garden
- Germination temperature: 21-29°C
- Sowing depth: 1 to 1 ½ inches
- Sowing distance - 6 inches
- Germination time: 7 to 10 days
- Blooming time: Summer and Autumn (April-June and September-November)
What size grow bag is best for Sunflower?
Sunflower Growing Season In IndiaThe best time to plant sunflower seeds is when the temperature is at least 10°C or warmer. They need a long, warm summer to flower well. You can sow the seeds from spring to summer (January to June) for flowering in the summer and rainy seasons.
How To Grow Sunflowers From SeedsMost gardeners recommended sowing sunflower seeds directly into the garden or into pots/grow bags. Because its roots are long and it does not like transplanting. Sow the sunflower seeds when the soil temperature is 21-29°C for faster germination. Sunflower plants are of different sizes. A pot or grow bag of at least 12 to 18 inches is good for planting sunflowers.
Sunflower Seeds Sowing MethodFill a pot with potting mix and sow the sunflower seeds in the soil at a depth of about 1 to 1 ½ inches. Sow the seeds in pots about 6 inches apart. Water the potting soil gently through a watering can and keep the soil moist until germination. Sunflower needs light to grow so place the pot in a sunny spot. Sunflower seeds can germinate within about 7-10 days of sowing.
Sunflower Fertilizer Requirements
- Sunflowers require moderate fertilizers, do not over-fertilize the plant as this can cause stem breakage in the fall.
- Phosphorus and potassium fertilizers are good for bigger blooms while nitrogen encourages foliage growth.
Sunflower Plant Care TipsSoil - Use well-drained, nutrient-rich, slightly acidic to alkaline soil with a pH of 6.0 to 7.5. You can also add organic matter or composted manure to enrich the soil.
Water - The sunflower is a drought-tolerant plant but regular watering encourages blooming. Once the plant is established, water deeply around the roots. Before watering constantly check the soil whether it is dry or not. If the soil is dry, water well.
Sunlight - Since sunflowers are heliotropic (flower heads follow the sun) provide 6-8 hours of direct sunlight for best flowering and straight plant growth.
Temperature - Sunflower grows well with a temperature of 21-25°C.
Common pests and diseases - These are generally pest-free plants, but occasionally a small gray moth lays its egg in the flowers. And diseases such as powdery mildew, downy mildew, and rust infect the plant. You can use common garden fungicides to control these diseases.
Sunflower Bloom Time
- Within 70-90 days after planting sunflowers bloom. Generally, it blooms in summer and autumn (April-June and September-November).
- You can cut the sunflower from the stem in the morning. Do not cut flowers in the middle of the day.
- Sunflowers can last at least a week in water at room temperature.
Sunflower Special Features
- Common name - Sunflower, Common sunflower, Suraj Mukhi (In Hindi)
- Scientific name - Helianthus annuus
- Height - 1 foot to 16 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Nasturtiums, Impatiens, Peppers, Marigolds
Do sunflowers grow back every year?Annual sunflowers live only one year, although they may come back the following year by self-germinating or reseeding themselves.
How many sunflowers can you get from one seed?One plant only produces one sunflower from one seed.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 60mg
Net Quantity: 20N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Sunflower Yellow
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Very healthy seeds ...germination rate is fast
It's summer season seeds.l had bought in winter season. so,it was not germinate
very impressed with the seeds quality & fast germination rate