Portulaca Grandiflora (Moss Rose) Double Mix Seeds
- Number of Portulaca Grandiflora Double Mix Seeds: 300 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: Summer (March to April)
- Sowing method: Direct in pots/grow bag
- Germination temperature: 21-26°C
- Germination time: 10-14 days
- Blooming time: Summer to Fall (April - November)
What size grow bag is best for Portulaca?
Portulaca Grandiflora Growing Season In IndiaPortulaca is typically grown in India during late spring to early rainy Season (March to June) when warm and sunny conditions prevail. Avoid planting during the monsoon season and the cool winter months.
How To Grow Grandiflora Portulaca In ContainerSow portulaca seeds directly in pots/grow bags or in the garden as they do not grow well with transplants. The optimum temperature for portulaca seed germination is 21-26°C. These are small flowering plants so you can plant portulaca in a 6 to 15-inch wide and deep pot or grow bag.
Portulaca Grandiflora Mixed Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot and fill them with potting mix soil and spread the portulaca Grandiflora seeds on the soil. Cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil and place the pot in a sunny spot as portulaca seeds need light to germinate. Water the soil and keep the soil lightly moist till germination and then water only when the top soil is dry. Portulaca seeds will germinate in 10-14 days.
Fertilizer Requirements For Portulaca Grandiflora
- Moss roses or portulaca don’t need fertilizer, although at the time of planting you can add balanced, slow-release fertilizer (vermicompost, cow manure, or neem cake). This will encourage plant growth and enhance flowering.
- Additionally, add phosphorus-rich fertilizer during the growing season for more blooms.
Grandiflora Portulaca Plant Care TipsSoil - Portulaca prefers dry, poor but well-draining soil and plants can die if grown in very wet soil.
Sunlight - If you want the best result and fast blooming, keep the portulaca plant in an area where it gets full sun for at least 6-8 hours. And don’t grow them in a shady spot.
Water - Portulaca hates too much soil moisture and can tolerate dry soil conditions. As I said earlier once portulaca is established, it needs less water, deep watering per week is enough or you can give water when the top layer of soil becomes dry.
Temperature - Portulaca cannot survive in temperatures less than 5°C whereas the best temperature for growing portulaca is between 21-29°C.
Diseases - Portulaca has no pest and disease concerns but occasionally aphids and slugs create a problem. And crown rot infects the crown of a plant that occurs when portulaca grows in heavy or wet soil. This can cause leaves to turn yellow and wilt. You can use neem oil to control these insects and diseases.
Portulaca Grandiflora Bloom TimeUsually, Grandiflora portulaca or purslane blooms from summer to fall (April - November). It takes 5-8 weeks after germination to flower.
Portulaca Grandiflora Special Features
- Common name - Portulaca, Moss rose, moss rose purslane, Mexican rose
- Scientific name - Portulaca grandiflora
- Height - 3 to 9 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Gomphreba flower, zinnia, dusty miller
Why is my portulaca dying?The main reason why portulaca plants die is excessive water in the soil, if you are facing this problem then do not overwater and use soil with good drainage.
Can you grow portulaca indoors?You can sow portulaca seeds indoors but once established, keep them outside where they can get enough sunlight as they may not grow well indoors once germinated.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 5mg
Net Quantity: 300N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Portulaca
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Didn't germinate only. Waited 3 months for germination and it didn't.
Poor quality seeds.
We regret that our seeds did not meet your expectations. Our research highlights that successful germination relies on factors like weather, location, temperature, and watering.
All our seeds pass germination tests, and you can view test images on our website. To achieve better results, we recommend following proper procedures. Watch our helpful germination video here
Seedling care tips https://youtu.be/IuPe2QebdiE
I actually showed on 23.03.2023.Today 27.03.2023.Still to germinate.
Started germinating in 1 week super quality seeds thank you
Germination took only 3 times unexpectedly. Its very tiny hope it will survive in Delhi weather