Moringa Drumstick Seeds (Saijan) (सहजन/मोरिंगा के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Moringa Drumstick Seeds: 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Field or terrace garden
- Growing season: Summer and Rainy
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Seeds sowing depth: 1 inch
- Germination temperature: 20- 32°C
- Germination Time: 14 to 21 days
- Harvesting: 8 to 9 Months
What size grow bag is best for Drumstick?
Drumstick Plant Growing Season In IndiaMoringa or drumstick is warm loving plants and cannot survive in cool weather. The best month for sowing moringa seeds is March to May or June to October.
How To Grow Drumstick In PotsDrumstick is generally transplanted rather than directly sown in any pots/grow bags. Moringa or drumstick seed's best germination temperature is 20-32°C. Move your drumstick container indoors during the cold season to avoid very cold winter temperatures.
Drumstick Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray or small pot, fill it with coco peat or perlite medium then sow drumstick seeds 1 inch deep in the growing medium. Keep the seedling in a sunny location till the seeds germinate and water the seeds with a spray pump. Give adequate water; keep the soil moist and give proper sunlight for better growth of drumstick plants. Moringa or drumstick seeds will be germinated within 2-3 weeks.
After 3- 4 weeks of drumstick seeds sowing, when the plant grows at least 10 inches long with few stems, the drumstick plant will be ready to transplant. Take a big pot/grow bag, fill the soil in pots with any organic fertilizer then transplant the moringa or drumstick plant safely along with root balls of a medium. After transplanting give water to the plant and keep moisture in the soil.
Best Fertilize For Drumstick Plant
- Add nutrients rich organic compost when moringa (sahjan) planting.
- Apply all-purpose fertilizer or liquid fertilizer once a month, to help support growth.
- Once the drumstick plant establishes, they do not require regular fertilizer.
Drumstick Plant Care TipsWater – Drumstick plant does not need much water, give water when you feel the soil becomes dry.
Sunlight - Drumstick plants need 6-8 hours of full sunlight to grow.
Soil – Moringa or drumstick grows fast in a well-drained, sandy, or loamy soil.
Temperature – 25 to 35°C is the ideal temperature for growing moringa or drumstick. After moringa establishes, they are drought resistant and they can tolerate extremely high temperatures up to 47°C.
Common pests and diseases - Termites and nematodes generally attack drumstick plants. Drumstick plants are infected by Root rot disease. Use neem oil to avoid these pests from moringa plants.
Drumstick Harvest Time
- Moringa or Drumstick plants start flowering within 6 months of planting and sometimes flower twice a year.
- Moringa drumsticks will take 8-9 months for harvesting from planting.
- Plucking the young green moringa pods from their branch.
Drumstick Plant Special Features
- Common name – Sahjan, moringa (in Hindi)
- Scientific name – Moringa oleifera
- Plant height – 32 to 40 feet
- Flower color - Pale yellow
- Level of growing – Easy
Why are my moringa seeds not germinating?
Drumstick or moringa seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, over watering or under watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 2.70g
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Moringa
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback.Your satisfaction is our priority, and we appreciate your support. If you have any further questions or need assistance, feel free to reach out.
Good quality seed
Thank you, Marvin Debbarma, for your positive review of our Moringa Drumstick Seeds (Saijan). We're pleased to hear that you found them to be nice and of good quality. If you have any more feedback or need assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is important to us.
It will take 10 to 15 days to germinate.
At-mv-41 badili malkangiri pin -764086
I want this seed