Lettuce Microgreen Seeds
About this Item
- Number of Lettuce Microgreen Seeds: 10 Grams Seeds
- Non-Hybrid, Uncoated Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or Kitchen
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Germination temperature: 12-24°C
- Germination Time: 2 to 5 days
- Harvesting Time: 10-14 days
- Microgreen Color: Green Leaves And White Stems
- Flavour: Mild, rich
How To Grow Lettuce Microgreen Seeds
Growing lettuce microgreens is a straightforward process. Here's a concise guide on how to grow lettuce microgreens:
1. Selecting Seeds:
- Choose high-quality lettuce seeds for microgreens. Varieties like green leaf, red leaf, or butterhead work well.
2. Planting Medium:
- Fill a shallow tray or container with a soilless growing medium, such as a seed-starting mix or coconut coir. Ensure good drainage.
3. Sowing Seeds:
- Sprinkle lettuce seeds evenly across the surface of the growing medium. Lightly press them down to ensure good contact with the soil.
- Water the seeds gently using a spray bottle or by bottom watering. Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged.
5. Covering Seeds:
- Optionally, cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil or vermiculite to promote germination. Press down gently.
6. Providing Light:
- Place the tray in a location with indirect sunlight or under grow lights. Lettuce microgreens don't require direct sun but need good light for healthy growth.
- Let the seeds germinate for a few days. Once the seedlings are about 1-2 inches tall, they are ready for the next step.
- Harvest lettuce microgreens when they reach a height of 1 to 2 inches. Use scissors to cut them just above the soil level.
- Use freshly harvested lettuce microgreens in salads, sandwiches, wraps, or as a garnish for various dishes. They add a crisp texture and fresh flavor.
How long does it take for lettuce microgreens to grow?
- Lettuce microgreens typically take about 7 to 14 days to reach a harvestable size, depending on the variety and growing conditions.
Do lettuce microgreens need direct sunlight?
- Lettuce microgreens prefer bright, indirect sunlight or artificial grow lights. Direct sunlight is not necessary and can sometimes be too intense for delicate microgreens.
Can I grow lettuce microgreens without soil?
- Yes, lettuce microgreens can be grown hydroponically or on a soilless medium like coconut coir. Hydroponic systems provide an alternative to traditional soil-based methods.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Lettuce_Microgreen
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001