Hollyhocks Double Dwarf Seeds (Gulkhera/गुलखैरा के बीज)
- Seed quantity: 50 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Best Sowing Season: Spring, early summer, early winter
- Sowing method: Direct in pots/grow bag
- Germination temperature: 18-24°C
- Germination time: 7-14 days
- Blooming time: Early summer to fall (April-November)
What size grow bag is best for Hollyhocks?
Hollyhocks Growing Season In IndiaYou can sow hollyhock seeds in spring (February to March) or early summer (April). Additionally, you can also plant hollyhock seeds in October-November.
How To Grow Hollyhocks In ContainersSow hollyhock flower seeds directly in pots/grow bags, in the garden, or by seedling transplant method, but they do not grow well with transplants because they have long taproots. The optimum temperature for hollyhock seed germination is 18-24°C. This is a dwarf variety of hollyhock so you can plant them in a 9 - 15-inch wide and deep pot or grow bag.
Hollyhocks Seeds Sowing MethodTake a pot, fill it with potting mix soil, and sow hollyhock flower seeds ¼ inch deep. Place the pot in a sunny spot as hollyhock seeds need light to germinate. Water the soil and keep the soil moist till germination; hollyhocks seeds will germinate in 7-14 days.
Best Fertilizer For Hollyhocks
- Hollyhocks grow excellently in nutrient-rich soil and do not require fertilizer in fertile soil.
- But if you grow them in poor soil, you should amend them with organic matter (vermicompost, or cow manure) during the spring season and every few weeks during the blooming period.
Hollyhocks Plants Care TipsSoil - Hollyhocks prefer well-drained, rich, and moist soil. If you grow them in poor soil your plant will not bloom well and the leaves will turn yellow.
Sunlight - It grows best in full sun and can tolerate partial shade. But the hollyhocks growing in the shade tends to be leggy and produce fewer flowers. Therefore, growing in the shade during the hot summer is best.
Water – Hollyhocks prefer consistent soil moisture in the early stages and once established they are drought-tolerant so water only when the soil is dry.
Temperature - The optimum day temperature for growing hollyhocks flower is 18-24°C while the night temperature is 13-18°C.
Common pests and diseases - Some pests such as slugs, snails, spider mites, and Japanese beetles disturb hollyhock growth. Apart from pests, the main problem for it is fungal diseases, which spread very fast. This can cause leaf drop, discoloration, and stunted growth. Remove infected plant parts to prevent the spread of the disease and water carefully.
Mulching - A thin layer of organic mulch is good to protect plants from extreme cold during the winter.
When To Bloom Hollyhocks
- Hollyhocks flower season is from early summer to fall (April-November). Always remember, some biennials may not bloom until their second year.
- These are very popular cut flowers and can stay fresh in water for about a week.
Hollyhocks Special Features
- Common name - Hollyhocks
- Scientific name - Alcea spp.
- Height - 24 to 30 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
- Companion planting - Dahlia, shasta daisy, phlox
Do hollyhocks need to be deadheaded?Deadhead encourages more blooms and gives room for new blooms. Removing or deadheading spent flowers is very important for a hollyhock's healthy growth.
How do you overwinter a hollyhocks plant?You can place the hollyhock plant indoors during winter and reduce watering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 45mg
Net Quantity: 50N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Hollyhocks
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I ordered mixed colour hollyhock..out of 50 seeds only two germinated,yet to see colour of flower
Thank you, Pavan BM, for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the challenges you've faced with the Hollyhocks Double Dwarf Seeds.
This a good product and even my plant has got beautiful flowers â¤ï¸