Dianthus Baby Doll Mix Seeds
- Seed quantity: 200 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Spring, Summer, and Winter
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant or Direct
- Germination temperature: 15-25°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 21 days from sowing
- Blooming Time: 3 months of planting (spring, summer, and fall)
What size grow bag is best for Dianthus?
Dianthus Growing Season In IndiaMost dianthus is a cool-season flowering plant and is grown as a winter annual. You can sow dianthus seeds in spring (February to March) and fall or winter when temperatures are favorable for germination.
How To Grow Dianthus In ContainersThe seedling transplant method is best for sowing dianthus seeds, however, you can also sow the seeds directly in pots or gardens. Sow dianthus seeds when the soil temperature is around 15-25°C.
Dianthus Mix Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray, fill it with a potting mix and sow the dianthus seeds in the soil at a depth of ⅛ inches (or 0.3cm). Water the soil gently through a watering can and keep the soil moist until germination. Dianthus seeds need light to germinate, so keep the pot in a sunny or bright location. The seeds can germinate in about 1-3 weeks.
When the first true leaves appear, you need to transplant the seedling into a large pot or grow bag. During transplanting, a distance of about 4-5 inches should be maintained between the seedlings for the healthy growth of the plants.
Dianthus Fertilizer Requirements
- For healthy growth apply vermicompost or mustard cake during its growing season.
- Also, to encourage more blooms you can add PROM or bone meal fertilizer when the dianthus forms buds.
Dianthus Flower Care TipsSoil - Use well-drained, and fertile soil. Do not use soil with poor drainage as this can cause root or stem rot.
Water - It has moderate water requirements; 1 inch of water weekly is sufficient for the Dianthus plant. Also, keep the soil moist but avoid waterlogging in the soil.
Sunlight - 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily is essential for the rapid growth of Dianthus.
Temperature - Dianthus cannot survive in extreme cold (deep freeze) and hot summer temperatures. A temperature below 4°C and above 29°C is a temperature when dianthus does not develop well or sometimes goes dormant.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as spider mites and aphids inhibit the growth of dianthus by feeding on the plants. In addition, in hot humid conditions, powdery mildew disease forms on the leaves.
Dianthus Bloom TimeTypically, dianthus blooms within 3 months of planting, and the times it blooms are spring, summer, and fall.
Dianthus Special Features
- Common name - Pinks, garden pinks, cheddar pinks, clove pinks
- Scientific name - Dianthus caryophyllus
- Height - 4 to 36 inches
- Level of growing - Easy
Why is my dianthus dying?Mainly dianthus is dying due to too much moisture in the soil so make sure to plant dianthus in well-drained soil.
Are dianthus flowers edible?Yes, dianthus flowers are edible and have a clove-like taste with a mild flavor but it is toxic to pets.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 15mg
Net Quantity: 200N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Dianthus
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Seeds are worth buying. I used few seeds. They are grown. I got beautiful flowers
Best product...100 % Germination