Amaranthus Tricolor Molten fire Seeds
- Seed Quantity: 100 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Spring and Winter
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant or direct
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 1/8 inches deep in a seedling tray or Container/Pot.
- Germination temperature: 18-24°C
- Germination time: 5 to 14 days
- Blooming time: Summer to fall
What size grow bag is best for Amaranthus?
Amaranthus Tricolor Growing Season In India
Amaranthus tricolor is an annual flowering plant that cannot grow in extremely cold weather. Amaranthus is fond of warm weather to thrive and early spring (January to February) is the perfect time to sow amaranthus seeds.
In northern India, seeds can be sown from April to June and in southern India, amaranth can be planted from August to December.
How To Grow Amaranthus Tricolor TorchAmaranthus tricolor grows best by the seedling transplantation method. You can also sow the amaranthus seed directly in a container, pot, or garden. Amaranthus tricolor germinates best in warm weather and temperatures between 18-24°C. For planting amaranthus flowers you need a pot or grow bag at least 12-18 inches deep and 15-18 inches wide with good drainage holes.
Amaranthus Tricolor Molten Fire Seeds Sowing MethodTo plant Amaranthus tricolor seeds, take a pot or grow bag and fill it with potting mix. Spread the amaranthus seeds on the soil and press them gently with your hands as it requires light to germinate so place the pot in a sunny location. Water the soil through a watering can and keep the soil moist. Amaranthus tricolor seeds germinate for about 7-14 days, they can germinate early or late depending upon growing conditions.
If you planted Amaranthus tricolor in seedling trays, transplant them when the seedlings are about a few inches tall. But before transplanting, harden them for a week to give them a favorable environment.
Fertilizer For Amaranthus Tricolor
- Add organic fertilizer (cow manure, or vermicompost) during the amaranthus growing season for their healthy growth.
- You can also apply a well-balanced liquid fertilizer before blooming and after the flowers have faded.
Amaranthus Tricolor Plant Care TipsSoil - You can use well-drained, fertile, and rich soil with a pH of 6-7.5. Although amaranthus flowers can grow in normal soil, do not use soil with poor drainage as this can cause root rot.
Water - Amaranthus is a drought-resistant flowering plant but does require ample water. Water regularly during their young stage and once they are established keep the soil moist and do not allow them to dry out.
Sunlight - Amaranthus tricolor prefers full sunlight but needs some afternoon shade in the hottest month of summer. Do not plant amaranthus in full shade otherwise, the plant will not grow well.
Temperature - Amaranthus likes warm weather to thrive and cannot tolerate temperatures below 4°C. The optimum growing temperatures for amaranthus flowers are 21-29°C.
Common pests and diseases - Pests such as aphids, slugs, and snails feed on amaranthus flower plants, in addition, the plants are infected with powdery mildew and fungal leaf spot disease. Use a spray of neem oil on amaranthus plants to get rid of these pests.
Amaranthus Tricolor Blooming Time
- Amaranthus tricolor plant blooms after 2-4 months (60-120 days) from sowing.
- Usually, amaranthus tricolor blooms from summer to fall.
- You can cut the beautiful amaranthus flower and decorate it in a vase, it will easily stay fresh for a long time.
Amaranthus Tricolor Plant Special Features
- Common name - Molten Fire, Joseph's Coat amaranth, Summer Poinsettia, and amaranthus tampala
- Scientific name - Amaranthus hypochondriacus
- Plant height - 2 to 3 feet
- Level of growing - Easy
Is amaranth tricolor hard to grow?Amaranthus tricolor is easy to grow, it only needs full sunlight and regular watering during its growing phase.
Is amaranthus tricolor poisonous?No, amaranthus tricolor is non-poisonous to humans. The leaves are edible and have a tangy spinach-like flavor.
Does Amaranthus tricolor need light to germinate?Yes, all amaranthus flower plants need light to germinate, so put the pot or tray on a window sill if you are planting indoors.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 8mg
Net Quantity: 100N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Amaranthus-Tricolor
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001