African Marigold (Genda) F1 Dwarf Orange Seeds (गेंदा के बीज)
- Number of African Marigold F1 Dwarf Orange Seeds: 30 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year
- Sowing method: Seedling transplant
- Germination temperature: 15-26°C
- Plant Height: 23-25cm
- Flower Color: Orange
- Germination Time: 4-10 days from sowing
- Blooming Time: 8 weeks from sowing
What size grow bag is best for Marigold?
Marigolds Growing Season In IndiaIn India, you can be sowing marigold seeds throughout the year. For the rainy season, initiate sowing in mid-June and proceed with transplanting by mid-July. During winter, start the sowing process in mid-September and aim for transplanting in mid-October.
How To Grow Marigolds From SeedsThe transplantation method is best for the rapid growth of marigolds. However, you can sow the seeds directly. The ideal soil temperature for sowing marigold seeds is 15-26°C. The best pot or grow bag size for planting marigolds is 12 to 15 inches wide and deep.
African Marigold Dwarf Orange Seeds Sowing MethodTake a seedling tray or small pot and fill it with potting mix, spread the marigold seeds on top of the potting mix, and cover the seeds with a thin layer of potting mix. Water the soil after planting gently through a watering can and keep the pot in a sunny spot however, it can germinate in a dark place. It takes a few days (4-10 days) to germinate.
Transplant the seedlings when they are about 2 inches tall. A spacing of at least 8-10 inches is good for marigolds, or you can plant one plant in each small pot.
Best Fertilizer For Marigolds
- Marigold plants have no specific need for fertilizer but they do need fertilizers if it is planted in poor soil.
- A liquid fertilizer grows best in container-planted marigolds.
Marigold Plants Care TipsSoil – Use fertile and well-drained soil for planting marigolds. It does not perform well in very acidic, clay, or soil rich in excess organic matter.
Water – Marigolds need daily watering in the initial days but once established weekly watering is sufficient, but you should check if the soil is dry and water them if it is dry.
Sunlight – Most marigolds love full sunlight but can tolerate some shade. They prefer afternoon shade during summer.
Temperature – The temperature above 35°C and below 4°C is not good for the growth of the marigold. The ideal temperature for growing marigolds is 18-30°C.
Common pests and diseases – Insects such as snails, slugs, aphids, and spider mites inhibit the growth of marigolds. And some diseases such as root rot, and gray mold infect marigolds. But the most common disease caused by fungal spores is powdery mildew. You can prevent your plant from this by providing good air circulation between plants and avoiding overhead watering.
Pruning/Deadhead – Pruning is very important to keep the marigold plants neat and well-shaped or to encourage healthy and new blooms. You can cut off visible spent or discolored or dried flowers on the plant using a pruning tool. If any unhealthy or brown stems appear on the marigolds plant, cut them off carefully.
Mulching – 1-2 layers of mulch are very helpful for marigold plants to retain moisture in the soil and discourage weeds.
Marigold Blooming Time
- Typically, marigold blooms from late spring or summer to fall (May-September). It takes about 8 weeks to bloom after sowing.
- Once the marigold is completely open, you can cut the flowers in the morning and decorate them in a vase in water. The flowers can stay fresh for up to a week.
Marigold Special Features
- Common name – Marigold
- Scientific name – Tagetes
- Height – 23-25Cm
- Level of growing – Easy
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight :
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : African_Mg_Drf_Or
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with our African Marigold F1 (Genda) Dwarf Orange Seeds. We're thrilled to hear that all of the seeds germinated successfully for you. It's always our goal to provide high-quality products to our customers, and your feedback reaffirms that we're on the right track.
Thank you for your review .
Good quality ?