Okra is a very easy-to-grow plant that is rich in vitamin A and low in calories. Okra is called bhindi in Hindi. It is not only a great addition to your diet but also looks lovely throughout the growing season due to its beautiful flowers.
Okra prefers full sun, so choose a sunny spot to plant Okra seeds. Plant the seeds about ½ to 1 inch deep and 12-18 inches apart in a row. Keep the plants well-watered throughout the growing period. The first harvest will be ready after 45 days of planting the seeds, harvest the bhindi when it is about 2 to 3 inches tall. Pick these fresh Bhindis and enjoy them raw, pickled, or stir-fried.
About this item
- Number of Okra Hybrid seeds: 50 Seeds (Approximately
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds ½ to 1 cm deep in a seedling tray or Container, or Pots.
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days from sowing
- Grmination temperature: 25 to 30°C
- Harvesting: 45 to 60 days
- Sowing season: January To March (Summers) , June To July (Rainy Season)
- Plant vigor: Strong plant with short internodes