This variety of basil has large and strong-flavored leaves that add flavor to meals. Make soup, curries, and stir-fry dishes it is delicious in every way. The green basil plant not only gives stunning look to your home but also has many benefits. This is the best way to make your home green by growing Tulsi plants. Buy the Best quality green long Basil seeds Online at the best price from www.organicbazar.net. with a good germination rate.
About this item
- Number of Basil Green Long (Clause) Seeds: 100 Seeds (Approximately)
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Throughout the year (spring and summer)
- Mode of sowing: Sow the seeds 0.5 cm or 1/4 inches deep in a Container, or Pots.
- Germination temperature: 21-25°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days from sowing
- Harvest: 50-70 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for Basil?
Green Long Basil Growing Season In India
You can grow green long basil in any season throughout the year indoors. The best season for sowing green long basil seeds are spring and summer when the soil is warm.
How To Grow Green Long Basil At Home
Basil green long seeds can be sown directly in pots or by transplanting, if you want the best results for the basil plants then you need to transplant them into bigger pots after seed germination. Choose a seedling tray or small pot (up to 3 inches deep) and a final pot or grow bag (12-15 inches deep and wide) with well-draining holes. Basil seeds will germinate faster at 21-25°C temperature. Basil is a perennial herb, so you need to repot it every year.
Basil Green Long (Clause) Seeds Sowing Method
Sow basil green long seeds in the seedling tray with a potting mix about 0.5 cm or 1/4 inches deep. Give light water through a water sprayer. Keep the seedling tray in a location where it receives medium and bright sunlight and keep the soil moist. Basil large leaf seeds will germinate within 7-14 days (depending on growing conditions).
Transplant Green Long Basil Seedlings Into Big Pots
After basil green long seeds germination, when seedlings are 6-8 inches in height at a time transplant them into big pots/grow bags and plant only 1-2 saplings per pot. Take a big pot or grow bag, fill the soil in pots with any organic fertilizer (like vermicompost, cow manure, etc) then transplant the healthiest plant into big pots without disturbing their roots. Keep the pot in a sunny location where basil plants get proper sunlight and give water whenever you feel that soil becomes dry.
How To Fertilize Green Long Basil Plant
Apply good organic fertilizer (such as vermicompost, and cow manure) or slow-release fertilizer (like compost tea) to the green long basil plant once a month.
Green Long Basil Plant Care Tips
Water – Give deep water once a week to your basil plants and make sure to give water to the base of the plant, avoiding showering the leaves and stems.
Soil – Use well-drained, moist soil (but not too moist) for better growth of basil plants.
Sunlight – Green long Basil plants need 6-8 hours of full sunlight.
Temperature – Ideal growing temperature for green long basil plants is between 18-32°C (minimum temperature is 10°C).
Common Pests and Disease – Aphids, slugs, and whiteflies generally attack the basil plants, and basil is infected by some diseases like fusarium wilt, bacterial leaf spot, and root rot. If you are facing these problems use organic pesticide neem oil.
Green Long Basil Leaves Benefits
- Protect against vision loss/help for good vision
- Beneficial for wound healing
- Supporting weight loss
- Managing blood sugar levels
- Good for digestion
- Fight against cancer diseases
- Helpful in anxiety and depression
How To Prune/Harvest green long Basil
- While harvesting or pruning is the same for basil plants, continue harvesting every week or two throughout the season to encourage leaf growth.
- Cut the leaves when the basil plant is about 8-10 inches tall.
- Use herb pruning shears or small scissors to help to ensure a clean cut.
- Prune when you notice mature basil plant starting to form flower buds if you do not cut basil flower buds, the plant will put all its energy into making seeds, and flowering changes the flavor of basil. If you are late to prune them and flowers have started to form, simply pinch off the flower heads, which are also edible.
Green Long Basil Plant Special Features
- Common name – Tulsi (तुलसी), and basil
- Scientific name – Ocimum basilicum
- Plant height – 8 to 20 inches
- Flower color – white, and purple
- Level of growing – Easy
Does the green long basil plant need full sunlight?
Yes, green long basil needs full direct sunlight to thrive so keep your basil plant in a place where it receives at least 6 hours of full sunlight.
How cold can basil plants get at night?
Basil plants can survive at night temperatures up to 10°C but should not drop below 10°C.
How can we protect basil (tulsi) from fungus?
Use organic pesticide neem oil or soap spray in your whole basil plants.
Why are my tulsi leaves turning yellow?
Root rot disease is the most common reason for yellow leaves on basil (tulsi) plants which is caused by overwatering, so avoid overwatering basil plants.
Why are the leaves of my basil (tulsi) plant drooping?
Root rot is another main reason for dropping basil leaves which is generally caused by improper watering or poorly drained soil.
Why are my green long basil seeds not germinating?
Green long Basil seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or underwatering.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Country of Origin - India