Tinda (Apple gourds) Seeds (टिंडा के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Tinda Seeds: 25 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Sowing season: Summer and Rainy Season
- Sowing method: Direct
- Germination temperature: 25-30°C
- Germination Time: 7 to 14 days
- Fruit Size: 6-8 cm
- Harvesting: 80-95 days from sowing
What size grow bag is best for Tinda?
Tinda Seeds Sowing SeasonTinda is a drought-resistant plant and grows rapidly in warm climates. You can sow tinda seeds in the summer (February – march) and monsoon June-July.
How To Grow Tinda PlantTinda is a heat-loving fruit and is generally transplanted rather than directly sown in any pots/grow bags. Tinda can germinate at soil temperatures between 25-30°C.
Tinda Seed Sowing MethodSelect a seedling tray or small size pots; fill with growing medium and sow the tinda seeds at a depth of 1 inch. Add water to the soil and maintain moisture. It can take about 1-2 weeks for tinda seeds to germinate, so wait for the seeds to germinate. Make sure that keep the seedlings in a warm place where they can receive proper sunlight.
Transplant the Tinda Plants into Big PotAfter tinda seeds germination, when the plant grows 4-5 inches tall with several leaves at that time transplant the healthiest plant carefully (without disturbing its root) into pots and plant only 2 saplings in a container. Keep the pot in a location where tinda gets 6-8 hours of proper sunlight and give water whenever you feel that soil becomes dry.
How To Fertilize Tinda Plant
- Provide any organic manure (vermicompost or cow manure) every month when tinda plant starts to grow.
- Tinda plants need a good amount of nutrients during fruiting times.
Tinda Plant Care TipsWater – Give regular water during summer days and keep the soil moist. Water only at the base of the plant and avoid watering the leaves.
Soil – Tinda plants grow fast in well-drained, fertile, and sandy soil.
Sunlight – Tinda needs 6-8 hours of direct sunlight every day. Keep your tinda plant under shade, if the temperature is more than 35°C.
Temperature – Ideal temperature for growing tinda is 18-32°C.
Common pests and diseases – Some pests like beetles, whitefly, and aphids can attack tinda plants, and powdery mildew, downy mildew, and root rot are the main diseases that infected tinda plants. To get rid of this problem, it would be right to spray neem oil on the tinda plant from time to time.
Tinda Harvesting Time
- Within 40-45 days from the seeds sowing tinda plant starts flowering.
- Apple gourd or tinda will take 70-90 days to harvest from seeds sowing.
- You can harvest Tinda, when it is mature, smooth, and tender, you can check with your fingernail, if it has penetrated you can cut it otherwise wait for it to mature.
Tinda Plant Special Features
- Common name – Indian squash, round melon, Indian round gourd, and apple gourd
- Scientific name - Praecitrullus fistulosus
- Flower color – Yellow
- Plant Height – About 6 feet
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 1.80
Net Quantity: 25N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : Tinda
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001