Sambar Cucumber Hybrid Seeds (Phoot kakdi/सांबर कुकुम्बर के बीज)
About this item
- Number of Sambar Cucumber Hybrid Seeds: 10 Seeds
- Where to grow: Balcony or terrace garden
- Growing season: Summer and rainy seasons
- Seeds sowing depth: 0.5 inch
- Germination Time: 4 to 10 days from sowing
- Germination temperature: 20-30°C
- Harvesting: 50-60 days
- Plant vigor: Strong plant
What size grow bag is best for South Cucumber?
South Cucumber Sambar Growing Season in IndiaYou can grow sambar cucumber in the summer and rainy seasons (February to September) because it is a hot weather plant. The cucumber plant grows quickly in hot and highly humid conditions and we can expect a good result this season.
How To Grow South Cucumber Sambar At HomeSouth Cucumber Sambar selection/Phoot kakdi seeds can be sown directly into any pots/grow bags or started in a seedling tray and then transplanted once the seeds have germinated. The cucumber is a summer-growing vegetable and cannot tolerate cold weather so make sure not to sow the cucumber seeds at 10°C or lower temperature. The best soil temperature for sowing cucumber seeds is 20-30°C.
South Cucumber Sambar Seeds Sowing MethodSow 1-2 south cucumber seeds directly into any pots or grow bags about 0.5 inches deep in well-composted soil; water the soil with a watering can. The seeds will germinate in about 4-10 days. Place the container in a sunny spot as the cucumber needs full sunlight for the best growth.
Best Fertilizer For South Cucumber Plants
- Use slow-release fertilizers such as vermicompost, cow manure, or neem cake in the soil when you plant cucumber.
- You can apply liquid fertilizer directly to the soil around the plant stem every 2 weeks.
South Cucumber Plant Care TipsSunlight – Cucumbers prefer 6-8 hours of full sunlight.
Water – Give 1 inch of water per week and keep the soil consistently moist. Inadequate or inconsistent moisture will be the reason for the poor taste of cucumber fruits and oddly shaped ones.
Soil – Use fertile, well-drained soil for planting cucumber.
Temperature – The cucumber plant grows best at temperatures between 21-32°C.
Common pests and diseases– Pests that attack the cucumber fruit are whiteflies and cucumber beetles. Powdery mildew, root rot, and bacterial wilt are common diseases in cucumber plants. If you are facing this problem use the organic pesticide Neem oil.
South Cucumber Sambar Harvest Time
- Within 1 month of planting, the cucumber starts flowering.
- Cucumber days to harvest are 50-60 days from sowing.
- Harvest regularly, when the cucumber is about 1-3 inches long.
- When the color of the sambar cucumber changes from green to yellow or orange, pick it.
- Harvest of cucumber fruits can continue for 3 months.
Cucumber special features
- Common name – Dosakai Cucumber, or yellow cucumber, South cucumber, Kacharia, and Sambar cucumber (In Hindi)
- Scientific name – Cucumis Sativus
- Level of growing – Easy
- Flower color – Yellow
- Height – 3 to 12 feet (depending on variety)
- Spread – 10 feet (vine) and 1-3 feet (bush)
Why are my cucumber seeds not germinating?Cucumber seeds will not germinate because of improper growing conditions like not getting enough sunlight, sowing seeds too deep in the soil, overwatering, or under-watering.
Why is my cucumber plant flowering but not producing cucumbers?The cucumber plant does not produce fruit due to the lack of pollination; the female flowers rely on bees (or humans) to transfer pollen from the male flowers.
Note: Images are for reference purposes only. Actual products may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
- Free Delivery: Available for Orders Above INR 499.
- Prepaid Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 54.
- Cash on Delivery Orders Below INR 499: Shipping Charge of INR 84.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Return or Exchange Within 7 Days of Delivery.
Item Weight : 20mg
Net Quantity: 10N
Colour : N/A
Assembly Required: No
SKU : South-Cucumber-Sambher
Country of Origin: India
Manufacturer: HEALTHUNBOX PRIVATE LIMITED
Consumer Care: Phone: 9513316259 | Email - email@example.com
Consumer Care Address: P NO 225, NEAR OF WATER TANK, VIPATPURA, Narsinghpur (M.P) 487001
I what month we can plant sambar cucumber in tamil nadu
I like it
All seeds germinated. Good thanks to organic bazar.